Two bandits shot dead in Uttar Pradesh
Two bandits, including one wanted for over three dozen cases including those of murder, were shot dead by the police in Uttar Pradesh on Friday.
Nadiya, who carried a reward of Rs.25,000 on his head, was killed in a gun battle along with his associate Lokhariya in a joint operation of the Special Operation Group and the district police in Etawah, officials said.
Nadiya faced charges of murder, kidnapping and looting in Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh. Lokhariya had escaped from a prison a few days ago.
"The exchange of fire took place in the jungles of Nabedi on the city's outskirts," police officer SD Singh told IANS.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The NCP demanded a joint parliamentary committee probe into the leaked WhatsApp chats, the Congress sought a probe under the Official Secrets Act and the Shiv Sena said demanded action against Arnab Goswami for breach of internal security.
- Several countries have either signed agreements or are in talks with Serum Institute or Bharat Biotech, including Bangladesh, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and Morocco.
- Long weekends around Republic Day, Good Friday, Holi, Janmashtami, Dussehra and Christmas are expected to see significant interest from travellers.
- NIA officials said that most of the people who appeared before the agency in the last few days, have been examined as “witnesses”.
- The family of nomads had been living in a ramshackle shed covered with tarpaulin and polythene in a forest area of Devsar in Kulgam district.