Two die, 25 injured in Jorhat road accident
Two persons died on the spot and 25 others were injured in a road accident in Assam's Jorhat district.
The police said a vehicle collided head on with a passenger bus causing the death of two perons on National Highway Number 37 at Hatigarh near Jorhat on Thursday night.
Most of the injured were passengers of the bus travelling to Jorhat. The injured were admitted to the Jorhat civil hospital.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- On February 23, a Maoist camp was destroyed and an ambush against security forces was foiled by police in Gadchiroli district.
- Centre releases 2020 ‘Ease of Living Index’, experts cite women safety, transportation to explain outcome
- A single-phase election to 234 assembly seats is scheduled for April 6 in Tamil Nadu.
- The protesting farmers will block the six-lane Western Peripheral Expressway, also known as Kundli–Manesar–Palwal (KMP) Expressway for five hours, from 11 am to till 4 pm, Samyukta Kisan Morcha (SKM) announced on Wednesday.
- Former Goa CM and BJP stalwart Manohar Parrikar's son Utpal admitted he was breaking ranks with the party but stopped short of saying he was rebelling.