Two-fold hike in BHU fee structure
Although the Academic Council meeting of BHU decided to enhance fees structure by 2 to 2.5 times in various undergraduate and postgraduate courses but it was yet to decided as to how much exact amount will be enhanced in which course.
However, if increased fees structure is implemented then the fees of B.Ed. (which is something between Rs. 1600 to 1700) will shoot up to around Rs. 3,200 per annum. Similarly, the fee of MBBS (which is something between Rs. 7000 to 8000) will go up to around 15,000 per annum. No official data was available regarding specific fees hike in different courses.
BHU V-C Prof Panjab Singh chaired the meeting in which more than 200 senior faculty members of BHU participated on Thursday.
Sources said the revised fee structure had been enforced with immediate effect and those students who had already taken admission and submitted their fees (like new entrants at the Faculty of Management Studies where admission process was completed in the month of April, 2006) would have to submit the additional amount.
Meanwhile, faculty members of Sanskrit Vidya Dharma Vigyan Faculty said that the enhanced fee would overburden its students because hostel fees was not charged from SVDV students earlier. However, the BHU VC assured them of taking corrective measure in this regard.
Meanwhile, the admission procedure for admission to various UG and PG courses at BHU started here on Thursday. Counselling was conducted at the Arts Faculty, Science Faculty and Social Science Faculty etc. today.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- On October 29 last year, the top court had stayed a direction passed on October 20 by the Delhi High Court directing 2,318 undertrial prisoners to surrender in a phased manner.
- Deputy leader of the Congress in the Rajya Sabha, Anand Sharma, accused the party’s Bengal president and Lok Sabha member Adhir Ranjan Chowdury of diluting the party’s core ideology and the secularism by allying with Abbasuddin Siddiqui’s Indian Secular Front (ISF).
- This will be the first of the many public meetings Adityanath is scheduled to address in Bengal where the BJP is looking to unseat the led TMC.
- "Toll collection through electronic tolling has reached 93 per cent during the last fortnight after the FASTag was made mandatory," Gadkari said.
- The senior citizen said he would return on Tuesday with his wife on Tuesday o she could be administered her vaccine.
- The AAP has already announced it would contest the 2022 Uttar Pradesh assembly.