Uttarakhand Open University ties up with Tata Motors | india | Hindustan Times
  • Tuesday, Jun 19, 2018
  •   °C  
Today in New Delhi, India
Jun 19, 2018-Tuesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Uttarakhand Open University ties up with Tata Motors

Uttarakhand Open University today entered into an agreement with Tata Motors to train youths in automobile sector.

india Updated: May 31, 2010 19:40 IST

Uttarakhand Open University on Monday entered into an agreement with Tata Motors to train youths in automobile sector.

Under the agreement, the youths opting for 'Certificate course for technical excellence' at the university will get job training at Tata Motors plant at Pantnagar, a release issued by the university said.

The agreement was signed by Registrar of University Dr B R Pant and Tata Motors Pantnagar plant head P K Chaube at a function at the University's Haldwani campus.

The six-month certificate course has been prepared in a way that 30 per cent of the training would be of theoretical nature while the remaining 70 per cent practical, it said.

Initially, Tata Motors would impart training to 600 youths and the trained youths would be able to work in any company of automobile sector, besides Tata Motors.