Will she, won't she?: Karisma's comeback story
The wait is over. Karisma Kapoor is all set to stage a comeback as an actress. After almost three years, she had agreed to be a part of south director Revathy Verma's first Hindi feature. Her last release was the long-delayed Mere Jeevan Saathi.
The buzz is trade circles is that Verma is remaking the Tamil film June R which was written and directed by her. The film featured Jyothika, Saritha and Khushboo.
The story revolved around a mother and daughter relationship and according to our source, talks are on with Shabana Azmi and Rekha, one of whom will be roped in to play Kapoor's mother.
Verma was in town recently and had several meetings with Kapoor. According to our source, Kapoor has signed on the dotted line. But Zahid Khan, who was earlier handling Karisma Kapoor's work and now is her sister Kareena's secretary, denies the news.
"No, this is not true. There have been no meeting with Lolo. I've nothing to say on the subject," Khan asserts.
Prior to this, we'd heard that Kapoor would be returning to showbiz with director Onir's film. The story was subsequently denied. The rumour was that Kapoor had turned down Onir's movie because she was not happy with the script.
There was also the buzz of a David Dhawan-styled comedy with Govinda. But there's been no news on that front either.
Only time will tell if Kapoor, who's as gorgeous as ever despite being a mother, and has a home in Mumbai now, will return to her first love.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Earlier this month, CBI in the first charge-sheet in the case had named BSF Commandant Satish Kumar and Murshidabad-based businessman Enamul Haque along with five others for their alleged involvement in cattle smuggling across the India-Bangladesh border.
- The bench, also comprising Justices L Nageswara Rao and S Ravindra Bhat apart from Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde were of the view that magistrates should play a more “intrusive” role in investigation.
- Police said the accused and the victim were in a relationship for a year, but of late she had been avoiding him.
- The national carrier at present is operating only special passenger trains since the curbs on lockdown were eased. Regular passenger trains have been suspended since March 25, 2020.
- Both the casualties took place due to IED blasts.