Armed with Kargil soil, fraudster strikes gold
Can the soil of Kargil be converted into gold? A Jaipur-based trader has literally paid for being gullible to this extent.
Chhitar Mal, 47, who runs a utensils shop in the walled city area, complained to the police on Saturday that a person by the name Rajeev Choudhary took Rs. 5 lakh from him in exchange for 5 kg of soil that he said was from Kargil and which could be converted into gold by some secret method.
Choudhary said he was a cattle trader from Rohtak.
"In December last year, Choudhary brought some soil which was supposedly from the Kargil valley. He told me 'Kargil ki mitti sona ban jati hai' (soil from Kargil converts into gold). He even converted 100 gm of soil into gold before me and promised me to bring more soil. On December 24, 2011, he brought the 5 kg of soil, for which I paid him Rs. 5 lakh,” Chhitar Mal said in his complaint.
After Choudhary left with the money, the trader discovered he had been cheated.
Sub-inspector Durg Singh said the family did not have Choudhary’s address or phone number.
"When I asked Chhitar Mal to show the 100 gm of converted gold, he said Choudhary took the sample with him. Initial investigations show he has been duped but problem is that there is no address or contact number of the accused. We are trying to gather clues," Singh said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- n the missing complaint, family members expressed apprehension that the boy might have crossed to Pakistan since the family lived very close to the Indo-Pak international border and they had relatives in Pabni village in Pakistan.
- The IT department sleuths also found an alpha-numeric secret code on each item found in the tunnel. Attempts are on to crack the code.
- The Supreme Court had said last year in February that illegal sand mining could cause irreparable damage to the environment and is rampant in Rajasthan.
- Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot held the 'verbal exchange' between the two vaccine manufacturers as the reason behind the decline in participation in the vaccination drive
- Gajendra Singh was the son of former home minister and Congress stalwart from Rajasthan, Gulab Singh Shaktawat.
- The police investigated the case and got hold of the accused who was found to be a woman during the medical examination.
- Bikaner’s superintendent of police, Priti Chandra, rubbished the claims made by the girl’s family.
- All the passengers on the bus were from the Jain community and were returning to Ajmer after visiting a temple in Beawar
- Salman Khan has filed an application before the court seeking exemption from personal appearance in the poaching case.
- Vijay Sardana (58) was critically infected with Covid-19 in September 2020 and was hospitalized in Covid-19 ICU for a week but he didn’t lose courage
- Nearly 140 persons, including 100 in Jaipur alone, are reported to have been injured in kite-flying incidents in the state on the occasion of Makar Sankranti