BJP demands cancellation of repolling in Tonk LS seat
The BJP on Saturday demanded cancellation of repolling ordered in certain booths falling under Tonk parliamentary constituency, saying the Election Commission took the decision with a "partisan attitude".
The EC had ordered for repolling in booth nos 6, 3, 4, and 142 of the constituency following complaints of booth capturing during the fourth phase of elections on May 7.
However, state BJP Election Committee Convenor Kailash Nath Bhatt said the polling was held in a "free and peaceful" manner and it did not warrant repolling.
In a letter to the state chief electoral officer, he also said BJP candidate Col Kirori Singh Bainsala had expressed concerns that some of the EVMs used in Gangapur city and Bamanwas had reached the district head quarters "late" and that there were chances of them being tampered.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Health secretary Siddharth Majahan said, “The vaccination is going on smoothly across the state. People are enthusiastic".
- Private hospitals can charge up to ₹250 for a dose of the Covid-19 vaccine.
- The girl said she was currently staying at her maternal house of her own sweet will but her family had lodged a false case of kidnapping against them
- Both leaders shared a helicopter for the first time after more than a year.
- The decision was taken in a review meeting chaired by chief minister Ashok Gehlot at his residence.
- The state has prepared a new bill, the Rajasthan Prisons Bill, 2021, taking inspiration from the model jail manual.
- Several states including Maharashtra, Kerala, MP and Punjab continue to record high number of Covid cases.
- The core committee meeting will be chaired by state party chief Satish Poonia.