Gujjar leader rejects Govt's offer for talks
Col Baisala alleges of a conspiracy by the state Govt and the Meenas to sabotage the talks, reports KS Tomar.jaipur Updated: Jun 03, 2007 15:23 IST
The on-going dialogue between leaders of Gujjar Sanghrash Samiti (GSS) and Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje were derailed on Sunday following the refusal of the chairman of the GSS Col Kirori Singh Baisala to participate in the negotiations after the kidnapping of a boy Mangal from Balaji and attack on the trucks carrying the ration to the demonstrators.
Home Minister Gulab Chand Kataria said, “I am now aware about the decision of GSS leader Baisala to keep away from dialogue. But I am still hopeful that talks will resume and proper measures will be taken to maintain peace. Police have been given instructions to be vigilant and check any incidence of violence.”
GSS chairman told HT on phone from Pipalkheda that state government, police and Meenas have hatched a conspiracy to sabotage the dialogue which would not be tolerated by the Gujjars.
He said, "I had decided to hold talks with the chief minister but the fresh attack on Gujjars by Meenas vitiated the atmosphere which made it impossible for me to leave the spot.”
He disclosed that Meenas attacked and burnt two ration trucks of Gujjars and police remained a silent spectator which showed their connivance.
Baisala said, “I had accepted an invitation extended by the chief minister and planed to leave for jaipur but now I have changed my mind and decided to stay back.”
GSS chairman informed that we had cremated the dead bodies in the morning to prepare congenial atmosphere for talks which had been derailed due to the actions of the state, meenas and police.
The fourth round of talks was held on Saturday between GSS leaders and chief minister which had made some progress though they remained inconclusive.
Chief minister invited Baisala for talks who was supposed to hold dialogue with her at Jaipur but new development has nullified the progress of the dialogue.
State government had announced Rs 5 lakh each to those killed in police firing and chief minister had expressed her optimism about the success of the negotiations.