Elderly couple found hanging at flat
The police in Howrah recovered the bodies of an elderly couple in their 50s hanging from the ceiling of their flat in a multi-storeyed building on King's road.
The police said that the bodies had been sent for a post-mortem. A preliminary inquiry has started, though the police is not sure if it is a case of suicide or murder, the additional SP (Town), Milan Kanti Das, said.
The couple has a married daughter and two sons who work in Mumbai. The residents of other flats in the building, located in the Golabari police station area, said they did not know much about them.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- As many as 14 out of 15,707 vaccine recipients developed adverse effects after immunisation while health of a nurse turned serious after taking the jab.
- The TMC leadership downplayed the incident calling it an error that was being blown out of proportion.
- The app was not opening. We had to log in and log out several times. It was also too slow, said an official.
- For the Matua community, permanent citizenship is a longstanding demand.
- Sisir Adhikari has been removed from the post of chairman of Digha Shankharpur Development Authority (DSDA) in East Midnapore district.
- Attacking the BJP over the three contentious farm bills, Banerjee alleged that BJP leaders have staged lunch with farmer’s family in rural Bengal after arriving in chartered flights.
- This comes a day after the TMC supporters allegedly ransacked Suvendu Adhikari’s office in Nandigram in the same district.