Mild tremor felt in south Bengal
A mild tremor was felt in some areas of South Bengal on Wednesday morning. Regional Meteorological Centre Director GC Debnath said the tremor, which lasted a few seconds, was recorded around 11:30 am.
There was no report of any casualty or damage to property. "We are analysing data to locate the epicentre and intensity of the tremor," he said.
Reports reaching Kolkata said that mild tremor was felt at Asansol, Durgapur, Ranigunj, Suri, Bankura and some areas of south Bengal.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- "You have played with the lives of people. Khela sesh (the game has ended)," said Modi who used Bengali words several times while speaking in Hindi.
- Chakraborty played the lead role in the movie MLA Fatakesto where he was cast as an anti-social who takes up the challenge of becoming a legislator and brings about changes in seven days.
- The Prime Minister went on to explain to the massive gathering the reason why the BJP is the only party in the country which was formed keeping Bengal’s culture and thinking at its core.
- Both the BJP and the the TMC have accused each other of resorting to violence in the run up to the assembly elections in West Bengal.
- Award-winning Bengali Dalit writer, ex-IPS officers and celebrated actors are among the few newcomers who Bengal's 'didi' has given a chance.
- TMC releases first list of 291 candidates for West Bengal assembly polls, CM Mamata Banerjee to contest from Nandigram
- The opposition leader is also scheduled to meet senior TMC minister Firhad Hakim and hold talks about the upcoming Bengal polls.
- TMC and BJP have dismissed the Left rally as insignificant. While the TMC claims CM Mamata Banerjee will return to power for the third time, BJP says the elections are bi-polar and there is no space for the Left.