Deepika Padukone loves to bake cookies, here's how you can also make them
- In a recent Instagram story, Deepika Padukone shared that she is more fond of baking than cooking and she loves to bake cookies the most. So today, we are going to share with you a simple recipe of chocolate chip cookies that will melt in your mouth.
Recently, the Padmaavat actor Deepika Padukone hosted an Ask Me Anything session on her Instagram account where her fans enquired about the favourite dish that the actor prepares. To this Deepika responded by saying that she is more fond of baking than cooking and she also mentioned that she loves to bake cookies.
Warm gooey cookies are an instant mood booster. Fresh out of the oven cookies that have the perfect amount of sweet and ample chocolate chips which melt as soon as they touch your tongue is a feeling that words can't do justice to. These cookies work as the perfect dessert or you can relish them with your evening tea as well.
Today, we will be sharing with you the steps to make these delectable cookies. It is an extremely easy recipe and you don't have to be a professional baker to get the desired results. Disclaimer: The end result might make you the designated cookie baker at your home.
Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla extract
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
flakey sea salt
Steps for preparing the cookies:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Celcius. While that is happening, in a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, regular salt, and baking soda nicely and keep it aside.
For the next step, beat the butter, brown sugar, sugar and powdered sugar in a bowl until you get a fluffy consistency. To this mixture, add egg yolks, egg and the vanilla extract and beat them again until you have a fluffier consistency.
Now, you will have to slowly add the dry ingredients to it and mix them together until just blended. Add the chocolate chips and fold them in the dough.
Finally, spoon out about a tablespoon of dough onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spacing them 1 inch apart. Sprinkle cookies with flakey salt.
Bake them for 10-12 minutes and enjoy.
(Recipe courtesy: Instagram/recipesworthyourtime)
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Want to be healthy with a flavour explosion in your mouth? Try this mouthwatering recipe of Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce that will keep you coming back for more
- Whether you like your beans spicy or prefer skipping them and using plain canned ones, the goal is to create a quality burrito that is made from the scratch and you can try this simple recipe too if you are craving some Mexican food tonight
- Want to relieve constipation or treat your body to natural antioxidants? Here’s a recipe to whip up some creamy, crunchy Cauliflower soup this Tuesday evening which is a healthy substitute for rice and flour and is sure to tickle your taste buds
- It's time to add some fresh fruits to our favourite dessert and bake some fudgy chocolate strawberry brownies that taste divine and don't require a lot of effort.
- Pav Bhaji is a fast food dish which consists of thick vegetable curry made of potatoes, cauliflower onions, carrots, chillies, peas, bell peppers, and tomatoes, and though the recipe calls for fresh vegetables, one can even use leftover sabzis to make this, and it will turn out just as delicious.
- If Monday blues have already bogged you down, atleast we got your dinner menu sorted with this scrumptious recipe of Tempeh Spicy Mexican Tacos
- Up for some homemade chocolate that is bursting with flavour and nutritional benefits? Try this extremely simple recipe of Butterfly Pea Powder Bounty Bars that are not only a mouthwatering vegan treat but also helps one to lose weight and feel great
- Eat it with hummus or just like that, you can also use it in your sandwiches and burgers, falafel is truly a diverse dish. That is not all, it is also extremely easy to make. Try this simple recipe and tell us what you think.
- Ask us to define a perfect weekend evening and we’ll picture a plate of soft, melt-in-the-mouth lamb seekh kebabs. If you too are drooling on the thought, check out the recipe inside and wrap up this Sunday with a barbecue of easy-to-make lamb kebabs
- Running out of dinner options? Try this crispy and mouthwatering Cilantro Lime Chicken which is easy to prep, too healthy to miss and takes a Mediterranean twist. Check recipe inside
- If you forget our name, say ‘hummus’ and we’ll turn! On that note, check out this stunning recipe of a healthy vegan snack of beetroot and hummus paired with a small toast and sauteed mushrooms that promise a sensory experience with health benefits packed in every bite