Recipe: Hush comfort food cravings with a bowl of caulifredo mac n’ cheese
- A bowl of cauliflower-based alfredo with macaroni and cheese or caulifredo mac n’ cheese makes the best couch companion and you’ll agree too once you try this velvety, mouthwatering recipe to make the ‘weak’days ahead, easy
There is no soul food that hugs our happiness cords better than a bowl of macaroni and cheese and when making cauliflower-based alfredo or caulifredo mac n’ cheese, count us in. Since it is Sunday, we decided to cheat on our diet with a bowl of caulifredo mac n’ cheese as it makes the best couch companion and you’ll agree too once you try this lip-smacking recipe we dug up to make the ‘weak’days ahead, easy.
The caulifredo mac n’ cheese is made of cauliflower sous-vide in a creamy, decadent cheese sauce which is prepared with cheddar cheese, cream and a hint of sea salt. Since it contains hidden vegetables as an added healthy bonus, mac and cheese is a winner with most families.
Check out the recipe here and thank us later:
2 cups cooked chickpea pasta shells (or noodle of choice — regular/keto etc)
2 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup creamy cheddar caulifredo sauce
Simply toss hot pasta with the sauce and shredded zucchini. The zucchini “cooks” and absorbs the creamy/cheesy flavors as it is warmed by the sauce.
Ingredients for the cheddar caulifredo:
4 garlic cloves
3 cups cauliflower florets
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup broth (chicken or vegetable)
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon butter or ghee (vegan can be substituted)
1 cup cheddar (or cheese of choice — dairy or vegan)
Steam cauliflower until it turns tender. Transfer to a blender or food processor while still hot and add remaining ingredients; blend until smooth, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a medium-size sauce pan and heat over low flame; stir in cheese and stir until incorporated.
(Recipe: Sara Stewart, Instagram/ sara.haven)
Enjoy your bowl of velvety, mouthwatering caulifredo mac n’ cheese.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Whether you like your beans spicy or prefer skipping them and using plain canned ones, the goal is to create a quality burrito that is made from the scratch and you can try this simple recipe too if you are craving some Mexican food tonight
- Want to relieve constipation or treat your body to natural antioxidants? Here’s a recipe to whip up some creamy, crunchy Cauliflower soup this Tuesday evening which is a healthy substitute for rice and flour and is sure to tickle your taste buds
- Say ‘yes’ to bagel cravings this Tuesday with ‘Everything Bagel’ which is a clean version of a regular bagel with pops of onion, garlic, sesame seeds and poppy seeds. Drooling at the thought of all those tasty flavours? Check the recipe of Everything Bagel inside
- It's time to add some fresh fruits to our favourite dessert and bake some fudgy chocolate strawberry brownies that taste divine and don't require a lot of effort.
- If Monday blues have already bogged you down, atleast we got your dinner menu sorted with this scrumptious recipe of Tempeh Spicy Mexican Tacos
- Up for some homemade chocolate that is bursting with flavour and nutritional benefits? Try this extremely simple recipe of Butterfly Pea Powder Bounty Bars that are not only a mouthwatering vegan treat but also helps one to lose weight and feel great
- Eat it with hummus or just like that, you can also use it in your sandwiches and burgers, falafel is truly a diverse dish. That is not all, it is also extremely easy to make. Try this simple recipe and tell us what you think.
- Ask us to define a perfect weekend evening and we’ll picture a plate of soft, melt-in-the-mouth lamb seekh kebabs. If you too are drooling on the thought, check out the recipe inside and wrap up this Sunday with a barbecue of easy-to-make lamb kebabs
- Running out of dinner options? Try this crispy and mouthwatering Cilantro Lime Chicken which is easy to prep, too healthy to miss and takes a Mediterranean twist. Check recipe inside
- If you forget our name, say ‘hummus’ and we’ll turn! On that note, check out this stunning recipe of a healthy vegan snack of beetroot and hummus paired with a small toast and sauteed mushrooms that promise a sensory experience with health benefits packed in every bite