Boy, 15, picked up by cops for issuing death threat to Yogi Adityanath
A week after he was picked up by the Uttar Pradesh police for allegedly threatening to ‘blow’ up state chief minister Yogi Adityanath, the family of the 15-year-old Agra boy is awaiting his return.
The family, however, has termed the boy’s action as “childish”.
The 70-year-old grandmother of the juvenile said she was not at home when her grandson was taken away. “We are making efforts and the father of the boy has gone to Lucknow to ensure his release,” she said.
“My grandson is a simple boy and should not be treated as a criminal for his childish act,” she added.
According to police at Sushant Golf City police station in Lucknow, the teenager had sent the threat by WhatsApp on the state’s Dial 112 helpline number. The police traced the mobile number through its cyber cell and it was found of a boy residing in a village of Agra district.
Two policemen landed at the boy’s home in Agra last Sunday and he was taken to Lucknow where he was presented before a Juvenile Board. He was subsequently sent to a juvenile home in the city. The boy is the son of a school teacher.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Progressive sugarcane farmers from every corner of the state will be invited and it is expected that many specialist producers of the agriculture and food processing sector will also visit the festival.
- 10 BJP and two SP candidates are in the fray in the legislative council polls for 12 seats. Their unopposed election is being seen as a foregone conclusion, provided none of the remaining candidates withdraw, which will otherwise make voting necessary.
- The order to lift the ban was issued after chief minister Yogi Adityanath approved a proposal to this effect on Monday, sources said.
- All joined at a membership event held in the presence of SP chief Akhilesh Yadav at the party headquarters.
- The 41-year-old doctor expressed complete faith in Covishield vaccine and said that all results have shown it to be an effective protection against the coronavirus and safe.
- All 15 police personnel were suspended for remaining absent from their duty points.
- A senior BJP leader said the party has some big plans for AK Sharma.
- After the legislative council election, the UP Cabinet is likely to be expanded before the crucial 2022 Assembly election, said a BJP leader.
- The girl came to Lucknow from Nepal in search of a job two years ago before she was misled and trapped by the main accused who worked as a security guard.