UP: Trust to raise over Rs700 crore from people for construction of Ayodhya’s Ram temple
The Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra Trust will raise over Rs713.45 crore from people for the construction of the Ram temple in Ayodhya.
The trust aims to raise over Rs688.52 crore through Rs100 coupons and another Rs24.92 crore through Rs10 coupons, said senior Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) members in the know.
The plan is to raise the most funds from Uttar Pradesh, which has witnessed, and been a part of, the struggle for the temple construction for decades now, informed a senior VHP office bearer.
General secretary of the trust and VHP vice-president Champat Rai informed Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat and other senior functionaries about the fund-raising plan at the two-day national executive meet of RSS’s east UP office bearers that concluded recently in Prayagraj, VHP members said.
For the collection of funds, the country would be divided into 44 regions or pranths, including six in Uttar Pradesh.
“These six pranths of UP include Braj, Meerut, Kanpur, Awadh, Kashi and Goraksh,” said a VHP leader, requesting anonymity.
The VHP and all its allied organisations will play a vital role in this mission. The decision to start the fund collection by dividing the country into 44 regions is based on the fact that the RSS has 44 pranths across the country, he explained.
After UP, Maharashtra would be the next biggest centre for the collection of funds, where over Rs74 crore would be raised.
“Funds will be raised by involving 46 million (4.6 crore) members of 9.2 million (92 lakh) families across Maharashtra,” said another VHP leader who requested anonymity.
The trust aims to raise Rs57 crore from Rajasthan, over Rs72 crore from Madhya Pradesh and over Rs38.50 crore from Gujarat.
“Through the fund collection initiative, the trust aims to reach 7.5 million (75 lakh) families in Rajasthan, 5.4 million (54 lakh) in Gujarat and 9.4 million (94 lakh) in Madhya Pradesh,” he explained.
Around 600,000 families of Jammu and Kashmir as well as Ladakh, 40 lakh families of north eastern states, 34 lakh families each of West Bengal and Odisha, 23 lakh families of Kerala, 44 lakh families of Bihar and 22 lakh families of Jharkhand are to be targeted through the coupon distribution for raising funds, he said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Progressive sugarcane farmers from every corner of the state will be invited and it is expected that many specialist producers of the agriculture and food processing sector will also visit the festival.
- 10 BJP and two SP candidates are in the fray in the legislative council polls for 12 seats. Their unopposed election is being seen as a foregone conclusion, provided none of the remaining candidates withdraw, which will otherwise make voting necessary.
- The order to lift the ban was issued after chief minister Yogi Adityanath approved a proposal to this effect on Monday, sources said.
- All joined at a membership event held in the presence of SP chief Akhilesh Yadav at the party headquarters.
- The 41-year-old doctor expressed complete faith in Covishield vaccine and said that all results have shown it to be an effective protection against the coronavirus and safe.
- All 15 police personnel were suspended for remaining absent from their duty points.
- A senior BJP leader said the party has some big plans for AK Sharma.
- After the legislative council election, the UP Cabinet is likely to be expanded before the crucial 2022 Assembly election, said a BJP leader.
- The girl came to Lucknow from Nepal in search of a job two years ago before she was misled and trapped by the main accused who worked as a security guard.