Yogi Adityanath hard sells UP defence corridor in Mumbai
Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath said there were tremendous opportunities for investment in the defence corridor during an interaction with entrepreneurs linked to the defence sector in Mumbai on Wednesday. He underlined that UP had IIT-Kanpur and IIT-BHU as knowledge partners for developing the corridor.
Inviting investments in the sector, Yogi said there were six nodes in the defence corridor in the state and sufficient land was available in all the six nodes including Jhansi, Chitrakoot, Aligarh, Agra, Kanpur and Lucknow.
He said India would not only become self-reliant in the defence sector, but will also become an exporter of defence products with the efforts being made by all.
He added that such an endeavour would help in realising “Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat” dream of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Yogi said that the state government welcomed the suggestions of those willing to invest in the defence industrial corridor.
He also said that the Prime Minister had made the announcement about setting up the defence corridor at Uttar Pradesh’s first investor summit in 2018. Uttar Pradesh had the largest number of MSME (ministry of micro, small and medium enterprises) units and the state government had linked 10.50 lakh such units to banks, he claimed.
He said the State was creating a supporting infrastructure of expressways, which was a big achievement for the Uttar Pradesh government.
Uttar Pradesh Expressways Industrial Development Authority chairman Awanish Kumar Awasthi introduced the entrepreneurs to the chief minister.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Progressive sugarcane farmers from every corner of the state will be invited and it is expected that many specialist producers of the agriculture and food processing sector will also visit the festival.
- 10 BJP and two SP candidates are in the fray in the legislative council polls for 12 seats. Their unopposed election is being seen as a foregone conclusion, provided none of the remaining candidates withdraw, which will otherwise make voting necessary.
- The order to lift the ban was issued after chief minister Yogi Adityanath approved a proposal to this effect on Monday, sources said.
- All joined at a membership event held in the presence of SP chief Akhilesh Yadav at the party headquarters.
- The 41-year-old doctor expressed complete faith in Covishield vaccine and said that all results have shown it to be an effective protection against the coronavirus and safe.
- All 15 police personnel were suspended for remaining absent from their duty points.
- A senior BJP leader said the party has some big plans for AK Sharma.
- After the legislative council election, the UP Cabinet is likely to be expanded before the crucial 2022 Assembly election, said a BJP leader.
- The girl came to Lucknow from Nepal in search of a job two years ago before she was misled and trapped by the main accused who worked as a security guard.