World Gin Day: Celebrate at home with easy-to-make Gin cocktail recipes
June 13 is celebrated as World Gin Day and there is no better way to celebrate it than with a stiff glass with friends and family. Gin was originally distilled as a medicinal liquor that derives its predominant flavour from juniper berries. Nowadays, it is produced with a variety of herbal and botanical ingredients, spice, floral or fruit-flavours aside from juniper. Due to its raw and organic taste components, Gin is an ideal liquor for experimenting with different mixes. No matter what the occasion, with Gin, it is a guaranteed good time, be it a college frat party or an elegant highbrowed gathering.
If you are looking to expand your Gin experience, here are some Gin cocktail recipes that you can enjoy from the comfort of your home:
CLASSIC GIN &TONIC
The ori(gins) of the classic G&T can be traced back to India in the 1800s to mask the bitter taste of tonic water, which was used for its malaria fighting properties.
• 2-ounces gin
• 4-ounces good-quality tonic water
• Fill a glass with ice and add the gin and tonic water. Stir gently to combine. Garnish.
• Lime wedges
• Mint sprigs
• Juniper berries
BEEFEATER MANGO COOLER
•60 ml Beefeater dry gin
•60 ml mango puree
•25 ml lemon juice
•Soda to top
•1 Fresh mango/ orange wedge
•Collins/ High ball
•Shake the gin, mango puree and lemon juice in a shaker with ice
•Pour into a tall glass filled with ice
•Top with soda, stir and garnish with fresh mango
BEEFEATER & IT
•45 ml Beefeater London Dry Gin
•30 ml Martini Rosso/ sweet vermouth
•1 dash orange bitters/ bitters
•Orange peel/ orange half moon
Old fashioned/ rocks/ whisky glass
•Stir all the ingredients with ice
•Strain into a chilled old fashioned glass filled with ice
•Garnish with orange peel or half a moon
Roku gin, Tonic water and 6 strands of ginger
•30 ml Roku
•120 ml Tonic
•Ginger sticks, as per your preference
•Add all ingredients and build. Serve over cubed ice in a highball glass. Garnish with ginger slices.
Roku Gin, Umeshu, Campari, Orange Zest
•30 ml Roku
•15 ml Umeshu
•15 ml Campari
•Orange Zest, as per your preference
•Add all ingredients and build. Serve over a large cube of ice in an Old Fashioned glass. Garnish with orange zest.
-- Cocktail recipes courtesy platingsandpairings.com, Beam Suntory and Pernod Ricard
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Seal your midweek sugar cravings with a healthy treat including the goodness of a superfood with this super easy recipe of strawberry chia pudding. Check out the health benefits of this delicious dessert inside
- Want to be healthy with a flavour explosion in your mouth? Try this mouthwatering recipe of Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce that will keep you coming back for more
- Leaving fans hooked with her saree chronicles, Janhvi Kapoor serves another sensuous look from Manish Malhotra’s collection in an ivory-coloured six yards of elegance as she promotes her upcoming film ‘Roohi’ on Day 4
- Vidya Balan recently dolled up for an e-interview and we love everything about retro-chic vibe. From her dove grey asymmetric kurta to smart narrow pants, we can’t wait to recreate the delightful silhouette as we walk into spring-summer
- Want to set mercury soaring when going for lunch or an evening out? Take fashion cues from Aditi Rao Hydari’s romantic steamy look for The Girl on The Train promotions in a pink strappy twisted bustier teamed with wide-leg pants that look flirty enough to add drama to our summer closet
- Vicky Kaushal recently shared a new fitness video in which the actor can be seen doing extremely tough box jumps. However, it was the background music in the clip that impressed his followers.