12-yr-old girl electrocuted to death by water pump
The girl, Nisha Shankar Chintal,12, was studying in Class 7 at an Ulhasnagar-based school.mumbai Updated: May 25, 2018 00:41 IST
A 12-year-old girl from Ulhasnagar died after getting electrocuted while turning on the electric water pump, at her home on Wednesday morning.
The girl, Nisha Shankar Chintal,12, was studying in Class 7 at an Ulhasnagar-based school.
According to police, Chintal’s parents who work as a labourers left their home in camp no.3 early in the morning. At 7 am, the girl’s relative came over to wake her and instructed her to switch on the electric water pump.
Ashwini Pawar, police sub inspector from the central police station said, “When Chintal went to switch on the electric water pump, the floor was already wet. She got electrocuted as soon as she touched the switch. The relative who saw her alerted the neighbours and other relatives.”
The relative turned off the main switch and took Chintal to a nearby hospital where she was declared dead on arrival. “Her parents were informed, we have registered an ADR in the case. When we checked Chintal body it was wet and also the floor where the motor was kept was wet,” Pawar added.
First Published: May 25, 2018 00:33 IST