25-year-old dies as TV set explodes
A 25-year-old Vasai resident died as his television set exploded leading to a fire at his 1-BHK residence at Kashimira in Thane district.mumbai Updated: Apr 27, 2013 01:22 IST
A 25-year-old Vasai resident died as his television set exploded leading to a fire at his 1-BHK residence at Kashimira in Thane district.
According to the police, the television suddenly caught fire, which spread through Bunty Wagh’s third floor flat at Diamond Tower along the Mira-Bhayander road.
“We were informed about the smoke coming from the flat by the residents. It may have been because of a technical problem in the television set,” said a police officer from the Kashimira police station.
The television has been found in a molten condition. Wagh lived in Vasai with his family and used to visit his Diamond tower residence once in a while.
Police investigations are on to examine the exact reason behind the fire and the death.
First Published: Apr 27, 2013 01:20 IST