Maharashtra: Fadnavis okays ACB probe against babus
Chief minister Devendra Fadnavis gave his nod to the anti-corruption bureau (ACB) to conduct probes against bureaucrats against whom graft inquiries are pending.mumbai Updated: Dec 26, 2014 19:45 IST
Chief minister Devendra Fadnavis gave his nod to the anti-corruption bureau (ACB) to conduct probes against bureaucrats against whom graft inquiries are pending.
On Tuesday, Fadnavis said there will be a time-bound programme to deal with corrupt officials in the state and his government will come out with a new policy soon.
Replying to a question in the assembly, the CM said he had given permission to the ACB to probe all cases that had been submitted to him. “There are no pending cases with me,” he said.
To bring in transparency in governance, Fadnavis said he will make a new policy that will ensure that all such cases are cleared in a time-bound manner, and no one will be spared if found guilty.
Till December 22, 446 cases were pending with the government for prosecution sanction. Of these 124 were pending for more than 90 days, according to ACB officials.
As many as 23 cases of open inquiry, of which three are from Mumbai, were pending with the government till Tuesday.
Officials said 48 proposals of property attachment — six from Mumbai — were pending with the government.
The CM said the ACB seized disproportionate assets worth Rs 130 crore in 41 cases from January to October 13 this year. In a crackdown on bureaucrats, the agency registered offences against eight officials from the irrigation department and seized disproportionate assets worth over Rs 70 crore alone.
The offenders have been booked under Sections 13(I)(E), 13(2) of the Anti-Corruption Act 1988, and investigations are underway.
Meanwhile, to a query, Fadnavis informed the house that the government would entrust the job of the security of Shirdi’s Saibaba temple to the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) in view of threat from militants. He said the temple authorities had agreed to pay the expenses.
Fadnavis, who also holds the home portfolio, said that the state home department had identified five accused in the blast near Pune’s Dagdu Sheth Ganesh temple. “The accused had a link with the Chennai blast and the case is being investigated by the NIA,” he said.