Mumbai blasts culprits to be brought to book soon: Antony
Intensive efforts are underway to nab the culprits behind the July 13 Mumbai serial blasts, defence minister A K Antony said on Sunday.Updated: Jul 17, 2011 19:45 IST
Intensive efforts are underway to nab the culprits behind the July 13 Mumbai serial blasts, defence minister A K Antony said on Sunday.
"The culprits behind the blasts may be from within the country or outside, but they will be brought before the law soon," he said during an informal chat with reporters in Alappuzha, Kerala.
The investigation would be without any prejudice and those found guilty would get deserving punishment, he said.
Without naming Pakistan, he said the investigation would not derail peace talks initiated with "neighbouring countries."
The talks would not be disrupted or stopped in the name of probe into the blasts, Antony said.
Foreign ministers of India and Pakistan are to meet in New Delhi towards the end of this month to review the progress of the bilateral peace process that was revived earlier this year.
First Published: Jul 17, 2011 19:44 IST