Beyonce becomes fastest selling album on iTunes Store
Singer Beyonce Knowles' latest offering Beyonce has become the fastest selling album on iTunes Store. As many as 828,773 albums were sold in the first three days of its release online.
Her fifth album, under Columbia records, a division of Sony Music, consists of 14 songs and 17 videos shot in different places like Houston, New York, Paris and Sydney. Apart from music producer-rapper-husband Jay Z and their daughter Blue Ivy, the tracks feature music artists like Drake and Frank Ocean. It was released online Dec 13.
Apple® made an announcement Monday that Beyonce has become the fastest selling album on the iTunes Store® with 828,773 albums sold in just its first three days, said a statement.
The album also broke the US first week album sales record with 617,213 albums sold.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
Jonita Gandhi: Music industry is still male dominant and there’s a certain stereotyping that’s happening with women
- Sajid Khan of the Sajid-Wajid fame has said in a recent interview how Salman Khan has been supporting him after his brother Wajid's death last year.
- Last year, BTS singer Jimin caused a frenzy among Indian BTS fans when he said he watched 3 Idiots.
- BTS singer V confirmed that his mixtape would feature 13 songs. This revelation has left the fandom, ARMY, in an emotional state.
- Nick Jonas has released the title track from his new album Spaceman. The singer revealed that most songs on the album are musical love letters to Priyanka Chopra.
- BTS singer Jungkook took to Twitter and shared a selfie flaunting his blue hair. The singer caused a frenzy among fans and left a few wondering if the hair colour change has something to do with his mixtape.
- Renowned Punjabi singer Sardool Sikander died on Wednesday. Several Punjabi and Bollywood celebrities remembered him on social media.
- BTS served a treat for their fans as they appeared on the recent episode of MTV Unplugged. RM, Jin, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, V and Jungkook performed two tracks from their album BE, Telepathy and Blue & Grey, while covering Coldplay's Fix You.