Dhanush pays tribute to Sachin Tendulkar
Last year, south star Dhanush shot to fame with his Soup song Kolaveri di.Now, the ardent cricket fan is ready with his new music video, which salutes cricket legend, Sachin Tendulkar.
Titled Master Blaster... you are our boost, the song was penned by Kolaveri’s composer Anirudh Ravichander and the video’s conceptualised by the same team that produced the YouTube hit.
Talking about his latest single, dedicated to the ‘darling of masses’ Tendulkar, Dhanush says, “I have always respected Sachin for his dedication to the game and it is amazing to see how it’s kept him going.” The song was offered to Rajinikanth’s son-in-law by health drink Boost, a brand the cricketer has been associated with for years.While Kolaveri’s quirky lyrics that got the whole country hooked, Dhanush adds that his latest too boasts of an entertaining video and some fun lyrics. "Everybody will be able to relate to it. It is a mass-oriented song, which will release in a few days," he says about the latest song that also oscillates between Tamil and English.
Ask him how it will score against his viral hit and Dhanush feels, “it would be unfair to compare it to Kolaveri. The mood of the song might be similar, but the objective and execution are different.”
While shooting, Dhanush confesses he was evidently excited and spent the entire day shooting, without taking a break, to get the perfect cut. And the actor-singer adds that he hopes to eventually meet the celebrated cricketer via this video.
As for bringing out his solo album, he says, “There might be an album in the future. But more than singing in films, I’m looking forward to directing soon.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- BTS singer Jungkook hosted a VLive on Sunday. During the chat, he revealed his new hair colour, thanked the ARMY, listened to songs and gave everyone a good look at his arm tattoos.
- Singer Nick Jonas shared his thoughts on BTS, to the delight of the pop group's fans. Here's what he said.
- BTS singer Jungkook released an alternative bridge of the group's song Dis-ease. The 45-second clip has the BTS member singing in English.
- Bigg Boss 13 star Shehnaaz Gill romances Badshah in new song Fly, but 'looks part Indian-part Thai'. Watch the video here.
- Rohanpreet Singh was bowled over by Neha Kakkar's "hotness" in their glamorous new photoshoot together. See pictures here.
- BTS singers Jimin and V graduated from Global Cyber University. The duo has been conferred with the Presidential Award as well.
- Singer Shreya Ghoshal has announced her first pregnancy. She is married to Shiladitya M since six years.
- BTS leader RM, during a conversation about India, revealed that he was familiar with Daler Mehndi's hit Punjabi track Tunak Tunak Tun and confessed he sang the song in middle school.
- Singer Harshdeep Kaur and husband Mankeet Singh have welcomed a son. They had earlier shared several posts trying to guess the baby's gender, wondering if the child would be a 'Singh' or a 'Kaur'.