President Pratibha Patil begins two-day Bihar visit
President Pratibha Patil on Friday began her two-day visit to Bihar amid tight security.
She is scheduled to attend several official functions in Gaya and Patna during her visit - the first to the state since assuming office in July 2007.
The state home department sources said she arrived at the International Airport in Gaya, about 100 kms from Patna, in the morning and left for Nalanda to see the remains of the ancient Nalanda University.
She will return to Gaya on Friday afternoon and visit Mahabodhi temple in Bodh Gaya, where Buddha is believed to have attained enlightenment about 2,550 years ago.
Officials said the president would also inaugurate a cultural function, Tarang, at the Magadh University in Bodh Gaya before returning to Patna.
She will visit the Sikh holy shrine Takht Saheb in Patna on Saturday morning and participate in two programmes, Kanya Suraksha Yojana and Mukhiya Mantri Kanyadan Yojana.
She will also visit the Vaishaligarh, Shanti Stupa and other historic sites in Vaishali district on Saturday.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Presently, the state has just 202 IAS officers against the sanctioned strength of 359.
- Several schools will not reopen just yet; they are planning to conduct online examinations and commence regular classes for primary students from the next academic session.
- For persons with special ability, especially wheelchair bound ‘Divyaangs’, using the underpass is difficult as well as dangerous. Even normal people do not find most of the underpasses smooth and convenient, said an official.
- Baitha utilised the pandemic as an opportunity to turn into an entrepreneur and set up an LED bulb manufacturing unit in his village.
- A massive awareness program about the disease in the worst affected areas will also be launched.
- The advantage of the site at Dobhi is its proximity to the upcoming eastern freight dedicated corridor passing through Gaya and the Kolkata-Delhi national highway.
- Sanjeev was the 4 family member to be murdered in the last 20 years. His father Mahendra alias Gumti Mishra, uncle Chandrama Mishra and grandfather Pt Kamta Prasad Mishra, had all been shot dead in Parsathua market.
- Those who fail to turn up for vaccination after registration will have the option to re-register after cancelling the previous one.
- Kumar had earlier in his address referred to the Patna HC’s endeavour in 2006, soon after he took over the reins of the state, to help establish the rule of law by ensuring speedy trials so that wrongdoers could get punishment.
- In 2020, Patna scored 1552.11 out of 6,000 points with zero score in certification category.
- Rakesh Kumar Singh, former block pramukh told the IG that nothing had been done by the SHO to stop illegal activities in the village.