What to do in Pune this weekend
From music, to drama, to art. Here’s what Pune has in store for you this weekendpune Updated: Dec 22, 2017 16:57 IST
1. What: Lighting up the Christmas fervour, Pune-based band My Side of the Story, with its alternative rock sound and elements of various other genres like blues and soft rock, will make it a Christmas to remember. Drawing influences from Children Of Bodom, Metallica, Megadeth, John Mayer, Iron Maiden and a whole lot of bands from the metal and hard rock universe, My Side of the Story are intent on rocking the night.
Where: Hard Rock Cafe, Pune
When: December 24, 8:30 pm onward
Entry: Rs 249 and Rs 500 cover
2. What: DJ Martina is all set to rock Christmas Eve with her scintillating tunes of Deep House and EDM. Sip on some tantalizing cocktails like the Anna Coconut Whisky or Appletini and feast on the special festive menu including Veg Andhra Chilly, Pullichatu Chicken Dry, Fish Pulli Munchi, Pulli Munchi Ghee Roast and many more to ring in Christmas with a bang.
Where: The Coconut Tree Bar and Kitchen
When: December 24, 11 pm onwards
3. What: Sangeet Shankara, a musical drama, is the story of singer Shivranjan Prasad, a disciple of Ustad Wali Ahmedkha.
Where: Bal Gandharva Rangmandir
When: December 24, 12.30 pm
4. What: Listen to a musical evening with Kavita Krishnamurthy, Sudesh Bhosale, Mukhtar Shah, Mohd Aziz, Kirti Killedar, Shabbir Kumar, Priyanka Mitra, Amit Kumar and Shailendra S at ‘Laxmikant Pyarelalji Forever’.
Where: ILS college grounds
When: December 23, 6pm
Entry: Rs 500, Rs 2,000
What: ‘Affaire Fleurie', a group exhibition by Ajay Deshpande, Manjiri More, Milind Mulick and Swati Kale is everything about flowers Swati Kale, a senior painter based in Wai, is known for her flower paintings. She is showcasing a series of water lilies in oil, wherein Milind Mulick has done a flower series in watercolours. Manjiri will showcase a series of flower pots and lotuses in acrylic colours and Ajay, who is known for portraits, will showcase a series of ladies with flowers.
Where: Art2Day Gallery, Bhandarkar road
When: Ongoing till December 31, between 11.30 am and 6.30 pm
1. What: The Human Library is designed to build a positive framework for conversations that can challenge stereotypes and prejudices through dialogue. The Human Library is a place where real people are on loan to readers. A place where difficult questions are expected, appreciated and answered.
Where: British Library
When: December 23, 5.30 pm to 7.30 pm
Age group: Above 18
Facilitators: Global Harmony Trust
Charges: Free for all
2. What: Raise the gaming-fever this weekend with the gaming marathon, Game-a-thon. A series of activities have been planned themed around Uno, Pictionary and loads of other exciting games.
Where: Hamleys, Phoenix Market City
When: December 23-24, 4pm to 8pm
What: Catch LOLStars ft Amit Tandon and Gaurav Kapoor and have a fun evening.
Where: Nehru Memorial Hall.
When: December 24, 6pm
Entry: Rs 499 onwards
What: Catch a two-act play in Marathi that stars Prashant Damle and Tejashree Pradhan, written by the late Vasant Sabnis.
Where: Yashwantrao Chavan Natyagruha, Kothrud
When: December 23, 9.30 pm
Entry: Rs 350 onward
First Published: Dec 22, 2017 16:56 IST