BJP finds CM's son's farmhouse purchase in Delhi 'fishy'
The state general secretary of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Randhir Sharma on Saturday raised fresh allegations over the farmhouse purchased by Maple Destinations and Dream Build Private Limited, owned by chief minister Virbhadra Singh's son Vikramaditya.punjab Updated: Feb 22, 2014 23:06 IST
The state general secretary of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Randhir Sharma on Saturday raised fresh allegations over the farmhouse purchased by Maple Destinations and Dream Build Private Limited, owned by chief minister Virbhadra Singh's son Vikramaditya.
Addressing mediapersons here, party general secretary Randhir Sharma alleged that the firm, owned by the CM's son and daughter Aprajita Singh, bought a farmhouse at Mehrauli in Delhi for Rs 1.2 crore on August 25, 2011, for which Rs 30lakh advance was paid in April.
He added that on August 2, Rs 90 lakh were transferred to Vikramaditya's account from Virbhadra's account, and Vikramaditya paid two Rs 45lakh installments as final payment of property.
“When the property belonged to the firm, why was the payment made through a personal account,” he added, circulating documents, including a copy of the registration of farmhouse, photograph of the property, and papers showing the transactions.
Randhir added that two people had signed the registration papers as witness, including “controversial” businessman Vakamulla Chandershekhar. “Again, the question of who Vakamulla Chandershekhar is arises,” he said.
He alleged that in an affidavit filed before the election commission in November, 2012, Virbhadra had shown Vikramaditya and Aprajita as his dependents, while there was no mention of a farmhouse. Accusing the CM of evading stamp duty, he added, “The property, which was purchased for Rs 1.2 crore, was actually worth more than Rs 20 crore. Besides, in the documents, it is shown that only a plot was purchased, while the property included a well-built farmhouse.”
“It does not suit people of his stature to evade stamp duty,” said Randhir.
He alleged that it was a 'benami' deal, as money came from Vakamulla Chandershekhar's account to Virbhadra Singh's account, which was later transferred to Vikramaditya Singh's account for the purchase, adding that the company was registered on May 30, 2011, on the address of the property purchased on August 25, 2011.
“The company owned by Virbhadra's son and daughter was registered on the address of that property, which was purchased by the same company nearly three months later,” he alleged, adding that Vikramaditya owned 95% of the shares, while Aprajita owned the remaining 5%.
What does Vikramaditya say?
Chief minister Virbhadra Singh's son Vikramaditya evaded the allegations levelled against him by BJP general secretary Randhir Sharma here on Saturday. “There is nothing new in the issues being raised by BJP leaders, and they are already in the public domain, he said, adding that the farmhouse was bought “in accordance to the rules and regulations”.
He said Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) national president Anurag Thakur had already written to the tehsildar concerned of the area to inquire about the land purchased in Delhi. “The tehsildar had informed him that the registry of the land was made according to the prevalent circle rate,” he said.
He alleged that the BJP was levelling allegations to “derive political mileage”. “I will reply only to the competent authorities as and when required. Since my father has already filed a defamation suit against the Dhumals for their allegations, if the BJP wants, it can submit records before the court,” he added.
“Like before, we will give a fitting reply and will continue to fight it legally and politically,” he claimed.
First Published: Feb 22, 2014 23:04 IST