Over 3,000 register online at SCD College on day 1
The SCD Government College helpline was deluged by calls since Thursday morning after the college introduced the online registration system for both undergraduate and graduate courses.punjab Updated: Jun 04, 2015 20:09 IST
The SCD Government College helpline was deluged by calls since Thursday morning after the college introduced the online registration system for both undergraduate and graduate courses.
Applicants asked about when the college prospectus would be available, where and when to apply online, etc. However, of the two helpline numbers posted on the college website only one was functional. More than 3,000 students registered online on the first day itself.
During a visit to the college campus it was found two notice boards had been installed - one at the college entrance gate and the other near the geography department - to inform prospective students all admissions would be processed online and the prospectus would no longer be available at the college counter.
However, many of those visiting the campus appeared confused about the online registration process. One of them, Mukesh Mehta, said: "It's is a good initiative but the college must provide two functional helpline numbers.
Since morning I've been ringing up 0161-2444988 but there was no response on while the other helpline number one has for continuously busy for an hour. I then decided to come to the college myself to get the information I wanted."
Despite instructions on filling out online registration forms posted on the college website, many applicants were uploading wrong information.
Dharam Singh Sandhu, the college principal, told this reporter: "We have instructed all applicants to first read the prospectus and guidelines on the college website and then register online. I have instructed the staff on duty to answer calls on the helplines. Meanwhile, the other helpline number will be functional tomorrow."
Steps to apply online
· Read details on college website and then register at www.scdgovtcollege.ac.in
· The receipt generated online along with tuition fees can be submitted at any SBI branch
· Fill out form and submit it either at college or through mail
* If tuition fees are paid through net banking the bank will charge Rs 5 and the college Rs 50.
* If fees are paid through SBI net banking the bank will charge Rs 40 and the college Rs 50.
* For correction of any mistake in online forms, which cannot be edited, correction should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org