Plot scam: Huda report names babus, ex-judges, politicians
Double allotment: Report submitted in high court says two plots or flats were allotted to over 2,000 people in violation of rules.punjab Updated: Nov 01, 2017 12:43 IST
Several serving and retired bureaucrats, politicians and former judges are among those who could case criminal proceedings on the charge of getting double allotment of Haryana Urban Development Authority (Huda) plots or flats in violation of rules.
- Justice (retd) SD Bajaj and (one in wife Urmila Bajaj’s name) in Gurgaon and Panipat
- Justice (retd) GC Mittal (two plots; one in wife Sheela Mittal’s name) in Panchkula
- Justice (retd) SS Dewan (one in wife Romilla Dewan’s name) in Panchkula and Karnal
The policy allows for allotment of only one plot or flat either in the name of the allottee or his or her immediate family member.
On October 11, the Punjab and Haryana high court had ordered the registration of FIRs against ‘all people against whom there is allegation of double allotment or whose allotments have been made contrary to the policy.’ The report that Huda submitted in the Punjab and Haryana high court on those accused of receiving double allotments included names of justice (retd) SD Bajaj, justice (retd) GC Mittal, justice (retd) SS Dewan. The list also includes the names of former ministers Subhash Batra and Mange Ram Gupta.
- Subhash Batra, former minister (one in wife Kalpana Batra’s name) in Hisar and Faridabad
- Mange Ram Gupta, former minister, three plots in Jind, Faridabad and Panchkula
Bureaucrats who are alleged to have received double allotment are GS Sorot, CN Chaudhary, Indian Police Service (IPS) officer SC Sinha and NK Jain.
The high court passed the order as it felt that FIRs had not been filed against all people, who are having more than one plot. So far, the Haryana Police have registered a total of 1,205 FIRs in 2,045 cases of suspected double allotment that the Huda has found.
The Huda report also mentions allotment of two plots and one flat to IAS officer TC Gupta, and his wife Usha Gupta, allotments of one plot and three flats to SC Kansal (former chief controller of finance, Huda), two plots and two flats to former IAS office NC Wadhwa, and one flat and one plot each to serving IAS officers AK Singh and Alok Nigam.
- NK Jain, former IAS (one in wife Usha Jain’s name) in Panchkula, Gurgaon
- GS Sorot (former IAS) (one in wife Babita Sorot’s name) in Faridabad
- CN Chaudhary (former HCS) (one in name of Sneh Lata, his wife) in Panchkula and Karnal
- SC Sinha, former IPS, two plots in Faridabad and Panchkula
In all these cases, the report is silent on whether allotments are double or not or whether there is any violation. It only says ‘flat allocated in accordance with the policy of HEWO scheme (HUDA Employees Welfare Organisation).’
The HUDA report mentions double allotment to former Indian Police Service (IPS) officer RC Jowel, in Bahadurgarh and Gurgaon. However, the police report says that the FIR has been cancelled as double allotment charge could not be established.
In the case against IPS officer SC Sinha, the Huda report says two plots were allotted to him in Panchkula and Faridabad. However, here too, the police preferred to cancel the FIR.