Mahesh Babu’s Maharshi opens big at the ticket window, collects Rs 59 crore worldwide
Actor Mahesh Babu’s Maharshi has struck gold at the box office with the highest opening day (gross) of Rs 59 crore worldwide, according to trade analyst Trinath. Maharshi has registered career best opening-day numbers for Mahesh Babu, who has teamed up with director Vamshi Paidipally for the first time. Before Maharshi, the actor’s best opening-day figure was for Bharat Ane Nenu (Rs 54 crore).
In Andhra and Telangana, the film collected an opening day share of Rs 24.6 crore.
Nizam - Rs 6.38 crore
Ceded Districts - Rs 2.89 crore
UA - Rs 2.88 crore
East - Rs 3.2 crore
West - Rs 2.46 crore
Krishna - Rs 1.39 crore
Guntur - Rs 4.4 crore
Nellore - Rs 1 crore
AP/TS day 1 Share - Rs 24.6 crore
The film, which has already done pre-release business over Rs 150 crore, also stars Pooja Hegde, Allari Naresh and Jagapathi Babu in crucial roles. Directed by Vamshi Paidipally, the film is centered on a self-made billionaire Rishi (Mahesh Babu), who goes on a transformative journey when he learns about what happened to his best friend from college.
According to a review by Hindustan Times, Maharshi has traces of Swades and AR Murugadoss’s Kaththi as it follows Rishi (Mahesh Babu), a man who is so consumed by his own success that he gets lost trying to understand its significance. The film, which has been jointly produced by Dil Raju, Ashwini Dutt and PVP Cinema, has music by Devi Sri Prasad while KU Mohanan has cranked the camera.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Priyanka Chopra has said that she regrets endorsing fairness creams in India, but as a child she believed that dark skin wasn't pretty and would put talcum powder on her face.
- Pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's sangeet function have been shared online by Zoa Morani. Check them out here.
- New pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's mehendi ceremony have arrived online. Check them out here.
Akshay Oberoi: We lucked out as there were no Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar sort of big films releasing in 2020
Republic Day special | John Abraham: Honesty in playing a person who cares for his country comes naturally to me
- Varun Dhawan's wife, Natasha Dalal, got her wedding makeup done in 35 minutes, artist Namrata Soni has said.
- On the second anniversary of Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, Kangana Ranaut has accused the movie 'mafia' of launching negative campaigns against her and the film.
- Remo D'Souza has shared a video of himself, dancing with his doctors, after recovering from a heart attack recently.
- Jayashree Ramaiah, former Bigg Boss contestant and actor, was found dead at her Bengaluru residence on Monday.
- Varun Dhawan's Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania and Badrinath Ki Dulhania director, Shashank Khaitan, has some advice for the actor's wife, Natasha Dalal.
- Late actor Irrfan Khan's son, Babil, has said that he has no interest in doing films that make ₹100 crore but have no artistic value.