Makers of KGF announce new film Bagheera with Sriimurali, see poster
Hombale Films, the makers of the KGF franchise and upcoming Prabhas starrer Salaar, on Thursday announced their new project titled Bagheera with actor Sriimurali in the lead. The makers made the announcement on the occasion of the star’s birthday.
KGF director Prashanth Neel, who is the writer of this project, wrote on his Twitter page: “@SRIMURALIII as #Bagheera Penned a story of valor, for my first true Mass Hero. Wishing #Sriimurali a Happy Birthday. @VKiragandur @DrSuri_dir @hombalefilms (sic).”
Sriimurali is best known for his work in Kannada films such as Ugramm and Mufti. His last release was Bharaate. Interestingly, Ugramm was the directorial debut of Prashanth Neel and Bagheera will mark his reunion with Sriimurali.
Bagheera will be directed by Suri. The makers are yet to reveal the rest of the cast and crew. Going by the poster and the stars on Sriimurali’s character’s poster, it is safe to assume he plays a cop in the movie.
Following the pan-India success of KGF, Hombale Films is focused on making projects that can be released on a national level. Their upcoming production venture Salaar will also be released in multiple languages.
Salaar, which will be dubbed and released in Hindi, will be presented by Anil Thadani. The project is expected to go on the floors after Prashanth wraps up KGF: Chapter 2, which stars Yash in the lead.
Follow @htshowbiz on Twitter
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In a new video, Rahul Vaidya revealed that he learnt how to make caramelised eggs from Aly Goni, knead dough from Jasmin Bhasin and even Rakhi Sawant taught him how to cook some dish.
- Videos of Shraddha Kapoor dancing at her cousin Priyaank Sharma's wedding in the Maldives are going viral on the internet.
- Alia Bhatt was seen in a bridal avatar in her new advertisement. Fans loved it and wished to see her get married in real life too. She is in a relationship with Ranbir Kapoor.
- Anil Kapoor joked that Jackie Shroff has threatened to slap him multiple times unless he confirms a film together. The two have starred in 12 films together, till date.
- WandaVision premiered its ninth and final episode on Friday. While it was a satisfying end to Marvel Cinematic Universe's first Phase 4 project, fans feel betrayed over a revelation made.
- Shehnaaz Gill said that she was not affected by the acid attack threats she got and the doctored videos made of her. She said that she is only gaining 'sympathy' in the process.
- Mahhi Vij, in a lengthy note, responded to accusations that she and Jay Bhanushali do not love their foster children Khushi and Rajveer as much as their biological daughter Tara.
- Judas and the Black Messiah movie review: Daniel Kaluuya and Lakeith Stanfield deliver extraordinary performances in Shaka King's politically charged film, co-produced by Ryan Coogler.
- Mika Singh talked about marriage on Indian Pro Music League. He said that he is the ‘only forever bachelor’ after Salman Khan and wishes to keep his tag for some time.
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli met in a rather unconventional manner, during an ad shoot. While she was confident, he was a 'jittery and nervous'. Read the rest of the story here.