Some of Lodha proposals too much: Gavaskar, Kapil
KANPUR: Former captains Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev on Sunday said a few of the recommendations made by the Lodha Panel were too harsh, such as one vote for one state and the cooling off period of three years for administrators. “I feel the thing about one state one vote is a little bit hard on associations that are founding members of the Board,” Gavaskar said, while Kapil said, “How can a place like Mumbai which has done so much for cricket can vote only after three years?”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Seven of India’s nine Tokyo Olympics-bound boxers won medals, some of them beating world class boxers. Manish Kaushik (63kg) was the star as he made an impressive return from injury–tear in the biceps required surgery in May—and won gold in his first event after the tough recovery phase.
- The Belarusian coach, who mentored India’s top women distance runners to international medals, was found dead at NIS Patiala on Friday
- Officials in Anoka County, Minnesota, confirmed Friday that Pavelich died at the Eagle's Healing Nest in Sauk Centre, Minnesota, on Thursday morning. The cause and manner of death are still pending.
- Makhachev has an impressive record of 18 wins and only one loss and is a former teammate of retired lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov.
- ‘India Unleashed’, an event sanctioned by the Indian Boxing Commission (IBC), Goraya wants to rope in changes with USA styled boxing format and help ring in the changes for professional boxing in India.