Nadal wins Rogers Cup
World No. 2 Rafael Nadal defeated Nicolas Kiefer 6-3, 6-2 in the final of the Rogers Cup on Sunday and closed in on the No. 1 ranking.
Nadal won his fifth straight title, including the French Open and Wimbledon, and a career-best 29th successive match. The unseeded Kiefer, ranked 37th, was playing in his first ATP final since 2005.
Second title for Safina
Carson: Fourth-seeded Russian Dinara Safina won the 600,000-dollar WTA Tour hardcourt tournament here Sunday with a 6-4, 6-2 victory over Italian Flavia Pennetta.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Bayern, who conceded a goal for the 11th straight league game and were far from impressive, are now on 36 points.
- Spurs had just seen the commanding lead given to them by Serge Aurier and Harry Kane halved by David McGoldrick's header on the hour when Ndombele struck with an audacious flicked lob.
- The win propelled NEUFC to the fifth spot in the standings with 16 points.
- It came to such a stage that the commentators were suggesting for Kattar’s coaches to throw the towel in to save the fighter from further damage.
- Health authorities confirmed there'd been three positive tests for COVID-19 returned on Saturday, and another on Sunday. None of the cases have so far involved players.
- None of the Indian players has been impacted, the statements said.
- It was Brighton who went on to claim their first-ever top-flight victory at Elland Road.