Got the money? Here’s how to plan an ultra-rich getaway for Valentine’s Day
Live it up this Valentine’s Day and take your partner to these ultra-glam destinations around the world.travel Updated: Feb 12, 2018 10:29 IST
Couples looking for an alternative to the cliched Valentine’s Day ‘dinner date’ may want to think about an ultra-rich romantic getaway. According to new data from Hotels.com, big cities are the breeding grounds for romance this year. Private jet rental operator Victor looked at its bookings to list down the most popular destinations for Valentine’s Day travel in 2018, USA Today reported.
10. Miami: Located in the extreme south-eastern part of the United States, Miami is well-known for its sprawling beaches. The city is also known as the “Cruise Capital of the World” and has been the number one cruise passenger port in the world.
9. Los Angeles: Nicknamed the home of Hollywood, your trip to LA would be incomplete, if you do not visit the famous Hollywood Hills. The city is known for its Mediterranean climate, ethnic diversity, and sprawling metropolis. LA is also one of the most substantial economic engines within the nation, with a diverse economy in a broad range of professional and cultural fields. You may even check out Beverly Hills, which is well-known for its five-star restaurants.
8. St. Moritz: Located at an elevation of 1,822m, it hosts the “White Turf” horse race on the frozen Lake St Moritz every winter. The current St Moritz Ice Cricket league played between Palace Diamonds and Royals cricket teams on the frozen lake will leave you awestruck. The popular Alpine resort is a haven for skiing, snowboarding, and hiking.
7. Innsbruck: This beautiful and mountainous city in Austria is well-known for its internationally renowned winter sports centre. It hosted the 1964 and 1976 Winter Olympics as well as the 1984 and 1988 Winter Paralympics. Innsbruck also hosted the first Winter Youth Olympics in 2012. The architectural marvel of museums, churches and monuments are a treat for the eyes.
6. Chambery: Another popular Alpine town located in south-eastern France, the town is located in the foothills of the Belledonne mountain range. The humongous chateaus and the scenery of the town make it a perfect destination for lovers to take selfies.
5. New York: New York City has been described as the cultural, financial, and media capital of the world. It’s a sprawling and a happening place where you and your lover can explore various places ranging from Times Square to Manhattan, Queens to Brooklyn and, of course, the Central Park. Do not forget to check out the Statue of Liberty.
4. Las Vegas: Las Vegas is an internationally renowned resort city, known primarily for its gambling, shopping, fine dining, entertainment, and nightlife. The city bills itself as The Entertainment Capital of the World, and is famous for its mega-casino-hotels. It is a top three destination in the United States for business conventions and a global leader in the hospitality industry, claiming more AAA Five Diamond hotels than any other city in the world.
3. Paris: The French capital is especially known for its museums and architectural landmarks. Climb atop the Eiffel Tower to take beautiful pictures and selfies of the city’s skyline. Louvre Museum is another place of attraction. If you and your lover are football fans, head to the Stade de France stadium, located just north of Paris.
2. London: Considered a global capital, London contains four World Heritage Sites: the Tower of London; Kew Gardens; the site comprising Palace of Westminster, Westminster Abbey, and St Margaret’s Church; and the historic settlement of Greenwich. Other landmarks include Buckingham Palace, the London Eye, Piccadilly Circus, St Paul’s Cathedral, Tower Bridge, Trafalgar Square and The Shard. London is home to numerous museums, galleries, libraries, sporting events and other cultural institutions. You can also take a walk near the River Thames.
1. Geneva: The mountainous city located in Switzerland is numero uno on this list. The city has been referred to as the world’s most compact metropolis and the “Peace Capital”. In 2017, Geneva was ranked as the seventh most expensive city in the world. Geneva is well-renowned for its architectural landmarks and organises a music festival every year in June, where different groups of artists come from across the world. In 2016, the festival celebrated its 25th anniversary.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: Feb 12, 2018 09:57 IST