Family claims to find dead mouse in Hershey’s chocolate syrup. ‘Not possible,’ says company | Trending - Hindustan Times
close_game
close_game

Family claims to find dead mouse in Hershey’s chocolate syrup. ‘Not possible,’ says company

Jun 20, 2024 01:04 PM IST

A woman has shared a horrifying video of a dead mouse she found in a bottle of Hershey’s chocolate syrup ordered through Zepto

A woman has shared a horrifying video of a dead mouse she claimed to have found in a bottle of Hershey’s chocolate syrup ordered through Zepto. Prami Sridhar said three members of her family consumed the contaminated syrup and one had to receive medical treatment after eating it.

A woman claims to have found a dead mouse in a bottle of Hershey's chocolate syrup.(Instagram/@pramisridhar)
A woman claims to have found a dead mouse in a bottle of Hershey's chocolate syrup.(Instagram/@pramisridhar)

However, Hershey's has countered these claims, saying that each product undergoes multiple quality checks and such contamination is not possible.

In a post on Instagram, Sridhar also shared a horrifying video of the dead mouse found inside the chocolate syrup. She said her family had ordered the syrup via Zepto to eat with brownie cakes. While pouring it out, they noticed small hairs in the syrup, claimed Sridhar.

The family emptied the bottle in a disposable cup to make a gruesome discovery - a dead mouse lying in the chocolate syrup. They washed it under running water to confirm that it was, indeed, a dead mouse.

You can take a look at the video below:

Sridhar said she tried to register a complaint but there was no response. She also added that three girls had consumed the syrup before the horrifying discovery. While two of them did not display any outward symptoms, one girl fainted and was rushed to a hospital. She has now recovered fully.

“This is extremely concerning and unacceptable. We’re worried about the health risks and the lack of quality control,” Sridhar wrote on Instagram, urging a proper investigation into what went wrong. She also cautioned her audience to be extra vigilant with packaged food and double check the treats being given to children.

Hershey’s response

“We are committed to upholding the highest quality standards for our products, following stringent quality processes and adhering to all mandated safety standards. Every product undergoes multiple quality checks before reaching our consumers,” Hershey's said in a statement to Hindustan Times.

“We have investigated these reports and verified all our food safety and production processes. We are confident that we have the right measures in place to ensure food safety, and that this kind of alleged contamination is not possible. We have also repeatedly attempted to contact the consumer for additional information about this claim and have received no response, further suggesting that the claim is not legitimate," the company said.

Since being shared on May 29, the video has gone viral with over 5 million views.

Among the many comments, Sridhar had also received one comment from Hershey’s.

“Hi there, we are very sorry to see this. Please send us the UPC and manufacturing code from the bottle to consumercare@hersheys.com with the reference number 11082163 so one of our team members can assist you,” the company had written in the comments section of the Instagram post.

Catch every big hit, every wicket with Crickit, a one stop destination for Live Scores, Match Stats, Infographics & much more. Explore now!

See more

Get Latest Updates on Trending News Viral News, Video, Photos and Weather Updates of India and around the world

SHARE THIS ARTICLE ON
Share this article
SHARE
Story Saved
Live Score
OPEN APP
Saved Articles
Following
My Reads
Sign out
New Delhi 0C
Friday, July 12, 2024
Start 14 Days Free Trial Subscribe Now
Follow Us On