After Naomi Watts, Game of Thrones prequel casts actor Josh Whitehouse. Get to know him here
Actor Josh Whitehouse has been cast in the prequel to the hit HBO series Game of Thrones. Whitehouse, best known for BBC series Poldark, joins Naomi Watts in the prequel’s pilot episode, reported Variety. However, the details of his character are not known yet.
The actor is currently working on the remake of 1983 romantic comedy Valley Girl. Watts, 50, who joined the series on Wednesday, will be playing a ‘charismatic socialite hiding a dark secret’.
According to the network, the new show will be set thousands of years before the events of Game of Thrones.
It will chronicle the world’s descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. From the horrifying secrets of Westeros’ history to the true origin of the White Walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend will be explored, the official logline of the show read.
The as-yet untitled project hails from creator Jane Goldman and author George RR Martin. The show’s pilot is based on a story from Goldman and Martin, with teleplay credited to Goldman.
The duo will also executive produce the show alongside James Farrell, Jim Danger Gray, Vince Gerardis and Daniel Zelman.
Martin and Goldman’s GOT prequel is the first of several potential series set in the world of Westeros to move forward at HBO beyond the script phase.
In May 2017, a multitude of writers were announced by HBO to be working on what Martin described as the ‘successor shows’. The other writers working on the potential spin-offs are Max Borenstein, Brian Helgeland, Carly Wray, and Bryan Cogman.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rahul Vaidya wore a sweatshirt similar to one worn by Rubina Dilaik on Bigg Boss 14, as he took off on a romantic holiday with girlfriend Disha Parmar.
- Pavitra Punia had a quick response for the paparazzi, when they asked her why she wasn't accompanied by boyfriend Eijaz Khan at the airport.
- Sumona Chakravarti has made the maximum use of limited space in her new Mumbai house, designed in Scandinavian style. Watch a video here.
- Charu Asopa celebrated her birthday with husband Rajeev Sen. Check out pictures and video from the bash.
- Bigg Boss runner-up Rahul Vaidya's fiancee Disha Parmar has shared a video of herself wearing one of his sweatshirts. "I wear my boyfriend's clothes," she wrote in her post.
- Himanshi Khurana performed to Salaam, originally picturised on Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, in a new video. Watch it here.
- Check out the latest video from Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik in which she is seen dancing with her husband Abhinav Shukla, to a folk song.
- Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar left Mumbai for a quick getaway. While they did not disclose their destination, he shared a picture from their helicopter ride together.
- Rakhi Sawant's ailing mother has said that she is disappointed that Rakhi didn't win Bigg Boss 14, but would like to see her and her husband, Ritesh, participate in the next season of the show.
- Aly Goni took a video of Jasmin Bhasin doing her make-up for his birthday party on Thursday night. She responded by dropping heart-eyes emojis in the comments section.
- Nikki Tamboli opened up about steam-ironing her ex-boyfriend's boxers in Bigg Boss 14 and said that it was not an attempt to grab eyeballs. She added that she was 'genuinely' missing him.