Bigg Boss 13 gets five-week extension, Salman Khan to get Rs 2 crore extra per episode: reports
Bigg Boss 13, which was originally set to conclude in January, has reportedly been extended by another five weeks. The grand finale will now be aired in February.
As per a report in Bollywood Hungama, the channel and Bigg Boss producers Endemol are paying Salman Khan a whopping amount – an extra Rs 2 crore per episode – to continue as host. An insider told the website, “Salman made it very clear that he didn’t want to extend his stint on Bigg Boss due to his other film commitments (post-production of Dabangg 2, shooting of Radhe: Your Most Wanted Bhai). However the channel Colors lured him to stay on with added zeroes on his paycheck.”
It was earlier reported that Salman, who has been the host of Bigg Boss since season 4, is being paid Rs 13 crore per week (Rs 6.5 crore per episode). With the fee hike, his new remuneration will be Rs 8.5 crore per episode, and he will take home a hefty sum of more than Rs 200 crore for the entire season.
Also Watch | Bigg Boss 13 viewers bat for Arhaan, Rashami | Public review
The source said that Salman is given a bigger paycheck to come back as host every year. “Each year he initially refuses to return to Bigg Boss. Every time he’s lured back with an enhanced remuneration. He gets paid more to anchor Bigg Boss per season than all the other anchors in regional languages put together get for all the seasons put together,” the source revealed.
Unlike earlier seasons, Bigg Boss 13 features only celebrity contestants and no commoners. Currently, Arti Singh, Asim Riaz, Devoleena Bhattacharjee, Himanshi Khurana, Mahira Sharma, Paras Chhabra, Rashami Desai, Shefali Jariwala, Shehnaz Gill, Sidharth Shukla, Vikas Fhatak aka Hindustani Bhau and Vishal Aditya Singh, are fighting it out to win the top honour.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Mohit Malik and Addite Malik had their baby shower Wednesday and the TV couple was seen in traditional Maharashtrian attire for the bash.
- Nakuul Mehta and Jankee Parekh welcomed their son earlier this month. The latter took to Instagram and shared her experience of embracing motherhood.
- Vindu Dara Singh wrote a tender note on Rakhi Sawant's mother as the elderly lady gets treated for cancer.
- As Aly Goni celebrated his 30th birthday, his girlfriend Jasmin Bhasin took to Instagram and penned a sweet note for the Bigg Boss 14 finalist.
- Sidharth Shukla lashed out at a troll targeting him. The Bigg Boss 13 winner also gave a befitting reply to a troll commenting on his friendship with Shehnaaz Gill.
- Sunayana Fozdar, the new Anjali on Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, has said she has played the character for just five months and have so much to give to the role.
- Weeks after calling her an "ugly mouth woman" on Bigg Boss 14, season winner Rubina Dilaik has now said she finds Jasmin Bhasin to be a beautiful lady.
- Bigg Boss 14 runners up Rahul Vaidya and his girlfriend, actor Disha Parmar were seen outside a restaurant in Mumbai. The two are likely to marry in June this year.
- Nakuul Mehta’s wife Jankee Parekh revealed how her life has changed after the birth of their son, Sufi. She said that she is busy with mommy duties, leaving her little time for social media activities.
- Gauahar Khan revealed her father has been admitted to a hospital. The actor took to Instagram and shared pictures of how her husband Zaid Darbar and in-laws are supporting her.