Bigg Boss 14: Aly Goni’s sister defends him after backlash for nominating Rubina Dilaik, says ‘only one person is going to win’
Aly Goni has been receiving a lot of backlash from Rubina Dilaik’s fans after he nominated her for eviction this week. In a promo for the upcoming episode of Bigg Boss 14, Rubina can be seen expressing shock that she was nominated by Aly.
Ilham Goni, Aly’s sister, has come to his defence, saying that Bigg Boss 14 is a game and only one person is going to win. “Everyone should understand that it’s a game and only one person is going to win it. If everyone is going to be friends with everyone, then no one would be in a position to nominate anyone. abusing,calling a person not loyal is very childish.#AlyGoni #JasminBhasin @AlyGoni #JasLy,” she tweeted.
The promo video showed Aly, who is currently the captain of the Bigg Boss house, being given the power to nominate six contestants for eviction this week. He names Kavita Kaushik, Nikki Tamboli and Rubina. Rubina is shocked at being nominated, as Pavitra Punia laughs gleefully.
Rubina was nominated the previous week as well, along with Shardul Pandit, who was evicted due to fewer audience votes. Host Salman Khan revealed during Sunday’s episode that it was neck and neck, and the difference in votes was ‘negligible’.
Aly, who entered Bigg Boss 14 as a wild card contestant earlier this month, said that he came on the show because he could not bear to see his best friend Jasmin Bhasin in tears. “Of course, I was in talks with Colors and the production house from before, and then this happened. But somewhere, this is the main reason as she is crying a lot and I am not liking it,” he had told Hindustan Times before entering the show. He was in quarantine for a week before he was allowed to enter the main house.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Bigg Boss 14 contestant Jasmin Bhasin took to Twitter to urge her fans to not spread negativity. Her tweet came amid social media wars between her fans and those of Rubina Dilaik.
- Cricketer-turned-actor Salil Ankola shares how he was rushed to the hospital after facing breathlessness, soon after testing positive for coronavirus.
- Rubina Dilaik shared a throwback swimsuit photo of herself and said that she really wants to go on a vacation. However, her husband Abhinav Shukla had a funny response.
- Rakhi Sawant hosted a party on Monday, which was attended by a number of her Bigg Boss 14 co-contestants, including Nikki Tamboli, Jaan Kumar Sanu, Vikas Gupta and Rahul Mahajan.
- Prince Harry has said that his and wife Meghan Markle's decision to take a step back from the royal family was exacerbated by a desire to not have history repeat itself. He did not want to be overwhelmed by media scrutiny in the way that his mother, Diana, was.
- Nikki Tamboli has both defended and made certain clarifications about accusing Jaan Kumar Sanu of kissing her on Bigg Boss 14.
Karan Patel: As an actor, the challenge is to find work in films; to break the stigma that TV actors can’t become film stars
- Disha Parmar's batting skills earned her a Virat Kohli comparison from fiancé Rahul Vaidya. The couple is on a quick vacation together and has been posting updates on social media. Watch their latest video.
- Anita Hassanandani and Rohit Reddy have created an Instagram page for their newborn son, Aaravv. Head on over to satisfy your baby picture cravings.
- Pavitra Punia lashed out at those criticising her relationship with Eijaz Khan and reiterated that they do not need the approval of haters. The couple fell in love during Bigg Boss 14.