Desperate fans want ‘regressive’ Yeh Hain Mohabbatein to end but Ekta Kapoor isn’t up for it
Ekta Kapoor is tired of television audiences telling her what to do with her shows. The successful TV and film producer had a stern and clear reply for all those who want Yeh Hain Mohabbatein to end.
Ekta tweeted on Friday how she loves to bring down trolls and haters in a reply to a news article. “I love it!!! Wil b giving my trolls so much more !!! I have just come on Twitter ! This is d beginning,” she said in a warning. One Twitter user wondered if the tweet was meant for the likes of him who want the popular television show to end. “Is this an indirect to us as well? Cuz we want #EndYHM,” the tweet read.
Taking aim at the tweet, Ekta said it’s her choice whether or not she wants to take her show off air. “For once I’ll say it my frns! Instead of hash tagging #endyhm stop watching it!!All stories will not go as u wish as an audience !! I love my tv audience I value ur opinion Bt our creatives work with ratings n tv norms! This is for all show fan groups!Love n respect always,” she wrote in a tweet.
#EndYHM has been made to trend on social media by the fans of the television series themselves. After five years of watching monotonous content, fans finally decided they have had enough when the male lead of the show (played by Karan Patel) accused his wife and the female lead (played by Divyanka Tripathi) of being ‘baanjh’ (infertile). Here’s the clip:
The fans are protesting the regressive turn the story has taken and are therefore asking the show be put to sleep.
“I think most of the loyal fans have definitely stopped watching YHM like they used to, so be assured on that. However that doesn’t mean that we stand by & watch the show we once loved, which was a trend setter go down to unredeemable levels. Hence #EndYHM,” a fan wrote. Another tried to make Ekta realise that showing good content is of utmost importance. “We totally understand it’s a show Ekta! But TV is such a powerful medium and carries such a huge msg! I think you should be a little more sensitive with the content telecasted! Saying this as a viewer who’s loved other shows of yours like those on ALT!”
The show began airing in 2013 and soon became the most popular show on Star Plus. It told the story of a divorced man fighting for the custody of his daughter with the support of a woman he later marries.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Nakuul Mehta’s wife Jankee Parekh revealed how her life has changed after the birth of their son, Sufi. She said that she is busy with mommy duties, leaving her little time for social media activities.
- Gauahar Khan revealed her father has been admitted to a hospital. The actor took to Instagram and shared pictures of how her husband Zaid Darbar and in-laws are supporting her.
- After Instagram account Diet Sabya pointed out the similarities between Arshi Khan's look at the Bigg Boss 14 after-party and Lady Gaga's look at the MTV VMAs 2020, fans responded.
- Devoleena Bhattarcharjee, who did a brief stint on Bigg Boss 14 filling in for Eijaz Khan, has rubbished rumours that she was getting married in 2021.
- Aly Goni shared a happy picture with Jasmin Bhasin, his first after Bigg Boss 14 ended. The two fell in love on the popular reality show.
- Rubina Dilaik and Abhinav Shukla were on the verge of separation, but they rebuilt their relationship on Bigg Boss 14. Here's how.
- Rakhi Sawant's first post after Bigg Boss 14 has left her friends and followers in awe of her resilience. Rakhi recently shared a picture of her mother in hospital, where she is undergoing cancer treatment.
- A video of comedian Kapil Sharma lashing out at the paparazzi earlier this week has divided Twitter. While his fans wished him well, others were 'perturbed' by his behaviour.
- Sidharth Shukla fans were in for a treat when he posted a short video of himself taking a dip in a swimming pool. Check out his post here.
- Asim Riaz on Tuesday proudly posted a picture of his girlfriend Himanshi Khurana's Times Square billboard. Here's how she reacted.
- Bigg Boss 14 runner-up Rahul Vaidya said that his proposal to Disha Parmar on the show was not a publicity gimmick. He said that he could not fake 'special emotions' to garner votes.