Final Game of Thrones season is heartbreaking, says Nathalie Emmanuel
Nathalie Emmanuel feels the final season of Game of Thrones is worth waiting for as it will blow everyone's mind. The actor says it will bring closure to all the stories in an exciting, but heartbreaking way.
"I think what we can expect from the final season of GoT is just a real push. Like in the last couple of seasons, we have seen the pace of the show increase with the stakes getting higher and higher. There are so many storylines that have to come to conclusion. We have to play them out, so the pace of the show is continuing on that sense," Emmanuel told IANS over the phone.
"There are so many characters and stories that haven't found their conclusion. So, this season is going to be incredibly satisfying for people. It is going to be incredibly exciting and heartbreaking."
Game of Thrones, which brings the story from George RR Martin's novels about the quest to claim the Iron Throne alive, is known for twists and turns, ruthless killing scenes, unexpected deaths all wrapped up with emotion and drama.
Emmanuel says the final season will bring all of it back -- but in a bigger and intense way. "All of the things that you expect from Game of Thrones, but at the same time since it is the last one, the emotions will be so much more intense. I am very excited for people to see it. We have been working so hard on it. The production is finished now."
The actor essays the role of Missandei -- a close confidant of Mother of Dragons Daenerys Targaryen. The show, which started with the first season back in 2011, will conclude with season 8 in 2019. "It took us longer to shoot this season than any of the seasons," she said.
The show brought actors such as Emilia Clarke, Sophie Turner, Kit Harington, Lena Headey, Maisie Williams, Peter Dinklage, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Iwan Rheon into spotlight, making them global stars.
Emmanuel is confident about the final chapter. "I feel like people will have their mind blown when they watch the final one."
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Abhinav Shukla opened up on Rakhi Sawant's advances at him on Bigg Boss 14 and how he felt 'dejected' when host Salman Khan sided with her.
- In a new video, Rahul Vaidya revealed that he learnt how to make caramelised eggs from Aly Goni, knead dough from Jasmin Bhasin and even Rakhi Sawant taught him how to cook some dish.
- Shehnaaz Gill said that she was not affected by the acid attack threats she got and the doctored videos made of her. She said that she is only gaining 'sympathy' in the process.
- Mahhi Vij, in a lengthy note, responded to accusations that she and Jay Bhanushali do not love their foster children Khushi and Rajveer as much as their biological daughter Tara.
- After promising a surprise to her fans, Jasmin Bhasin and Aly Goni have revealed first look of their music video together. Check out the first poster.
- Nikki Tamboli, Jaan Kumar Sanu, Pavitra Punia and Eijaz Khan came together for Naina Singh's birthday bash on Friday.
- Anita Hassanandani has shared two cute videos on her Instagram Stories in which she can be seen pampering her son, Aaravv.
- Rubina Dilaik was extremely angry and fought with Rakhi Sawant when she got to know about the incident. Abhinav has now said that the reaction made him feel a 'sense of belonging'.