Game of Thrones finale: From Jon Snow to Daenerys Targaryen, here’s a case for all top Iron Throne contenders
After an eight-year-long journey, the upcoming series finale episode of Game of Thrones will finally reveal the rightful heir to the Iron Throne, a question that has been giving GoT fans sleepless nights for a while. With some major contenders including the Night King, Cersei Lannister, and Jaime Lannister out of the picture, the competition has been reduced to a selected few.
While we lost many strong characters along the Journey, the strongest of them all have managed to survive it all and prove their worth.Who will sit on the Iron throne? Here’s a case for the topmost contenders who can end ruling the seven kingdoms.
From a rebellious little girl in Season 1 to the Night Kingslayer in season 8, Arya Stark has come a long way and how!While every single person who made it to her kill list has perished along the journey, after the series of events that took place in last week’s episode, Daenerys Targaryen has made it to her fresh list. Arya might next add Dragon Queenslayer to her already impressive resume and finally, end up on the Iron thrones.
Who can rule the seven kingdoms better than the one who knows it all and is practically the world’s memory? Bran aka Three-Eyed Raven, who stays away from all the blood spilling wars and twisted politics, could turn out to be a peaceful ruler.With the kind of powers he possesses, Bran could keep track of all the significant events taking place throughout Westeros while sitting on his chair, and even control many situations without even lifting a single finger.
After singlehandedly destroying Kings Landing in episode 5, the mother of dragons is being titled as the Mad Queen by many fans. However, it is the same Khaleesi who liberated Slaver’s Bay and put her conquest of the Seven Kingdoms on hold to stop the army of the dead, proving that she is capable of doing the right things for the greater good.
Hopefully, that moral side of her character will substantiate her claim to the Iron Throne.
Jon Snow or Aegon Targaryen, without doubt, has the most legitimate claim to the Iron Throne. A brave, kind and merciful leader who believes in Justice and is both, a Stark and Targaryen, Snow is loved and respected by many and can prove to be the ideal ruler of the seven kingdoms.
However, blinded by his love for Daenerys, Jon has failed to take concrete stands on significant matters in the last few episodes. To end up on the Iron Throne, Jon will have to acknowledge his reality and accept the fact that he has a rightful claim to the iron throne. For which, he will have to stand against the Dany, the love of his life.
Let’s face it, out of all the other characters, Tyrion, being a Lannister, is the only one who has an idea of what goes into ruling the seven kingdoms. While he has made some wrong judgments as the hand of Daenerys Targaryen, his political and strategic bend of mind and knowledge is impeccable.
Besides, there is also a possibility that both Tyrion and Sansa might end up ruling Westeros together, considering the sparks that were seen between them in episode three of the latest season.
Sansa Strak’s character has beautifully evolved during the Journey of Game of Thrones. While Jon Snow, Arya Stark, and Daenerys Targaryen are good on the battlefield, when it comes to sombre governance, the eldest living true-born Stark has been doing a pretty great Job at taking care of Winterfell all by herself.
She has proved her knack for governance in the past few GoT seasons. Again, acknowledging her relationship with Tyrion, there is a possibility that the two might reconcile and rule the seven kingdoms together.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sunayana Fozdar, the new Anjali on Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, has said she has played the character for just five months and have so much to give to the role.
- Weeks after calling her an "ugly mouth woman" on Bigg Boss 14, season winner Rubina Dilaik has now said she finds Jasmin Bhasin to be a beautiful lady.
- Bigg Boss 14 runners up Rahul Vaidya and his girlfriend, actor Disha Parmar were seen outside a restaurant in Mumbai. The two are likely to marry in June this year.
- Nakuul Mehta’s wife Jankee Parekh revealed how her life has changed after the birth of their son, Sufi. She said that she is busy with mommy duties, leaving her little time for social media activities.
- Gauahar Khan revealed her father has been admitted to a hospital. The actor took to Instagram and shared pictures of how her husband Zaid Darbar and in-laws are supporting her.
- After Instagram account Diet Sabya pointed out the similarities between Arshi Khan's look at the Bigg Boss 14 after-party and Lady Gaga's look at the MTV VMAs 2020, fans responded.
- Devoleena Bhattarcharjee, who did a brief stint on Bigg Boss 14 filling in for Eijaz Khan, has rubbished rumours that she was getting married in 2021.
- Aly Goni shared a happy picture with Jasmin Bhasin, his first after Bigg Boss 14 ended. The two fell in love on the popular reality show.
- Rubina Dilaik and Abhinav Shukla were on the verge of separation, but they rebuilt their relationship on Bigg Boss 14. Here's how.
- Rakhi Sawant's first post after Bigg Boss 14 has left her friends and followers in awe of her resilience. Rakhi recently shared a picture of her mother in hospital, where she is undergoing cancer treatment.
- A video of comedian Kapil Sharma lashing out at the paparazzi earlier this week has divided Twitter. While his fans wished him well, others were 'perturbed' by his behaviour.
- Sidharth Shukla fans were in for a treat when he posted a short video of himself taking a dip in a swimming pool. Check out his post here.