Khatron Ke Khiladi 3 runs into trouble
Khatron Ke Khiladi 3, which was to feature some Indian cricketers, is understood to have run into rough weather with cricket body BCCI preventing them from taking part in the programme.tv Updated: May 29, 2010 17:16 IST
Indian cricketers, including Yuvraj Singh, Virender Sehwag, Harbhajan Singh, Gautam Gambhir, Zaheer Khan and Sreesanth along with Australians Brett Lee and Adam Gilchrist, were some of the cricketers who were to take part in the show, industry sources said.
However, the risky stunts that the cricketers were supposed to perform in the show to be hosted by Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra violated the player's contract with the Board for Control of Cricket in India (BCCI) and hence they were not given permission, the sources said.
The programme is modelled on Fear Factor, which is beamed by AXN. Comments from the channel could not be obtained as repeated phone calls and SMSes sent to Colors CEO Rajesh Kamath remained unanswered. An Email query to the channel's corporate communication person Sonia Huria also remained unanswered.
While BCCI officials could not be reached, Chopra's manager Natasha said: "It's best that you contact Colors for the same." It is speculated that Colors could change the format of the show and rope in 13 male contestants instead of the cricketers. Earlier this year, Priyanka Chopra was announced as the host of the show replacing Akshay Kumar who hosted the show for the last two seasons.
Interestingly, this season of the programme was also dubbed in media circles as the 'IPL special edition' with 13 renowned cricketers pitched to face their worst fears.
First Published: May 28, 2010 15:06 IST