'My show talks about social issues'
Item girl Rakhi Sawant, all set to host a telly show on Zee TV reveals her fetish for reality shows and more to Riya V Anandwala.
You are to host a chat show for Zee TV. What's it about?
It's definitely not like Koffee with Karan. My show talks about social issues. People from all walks of life will be invited to take the floor. Viewers can also contribute with live reactions.
Maybe not Karan but do you have another role model in mind?
I believe no one can host a show better than me. I have my own style which will keep viewers hooked.
You sound very confident.
I am. Viewers will watch this show for Rakhi Sawant alone.
Any other shows in the pipeline?
I have been getting loads of offers. But I don't want to be a part of a family drama. I'd rather give time to breakthrough shows like this one.
Are you watching the reruns of Bigg Boss?
Yeah, and I'm laughing at my antics. I wouldn't mind going back to the House. Being locked in there for the rest of my life. Yes, it was like a prison and it was a hard life but it was better than what you face in real life.
After Nach Baliye 2, will you be a part of another reality show?
I am doing two other reality shows. One of them will be bigger than Nach Baliye 2. I love reality shows because they are, well, real.. and the money's good too. If I didn't do them who would pay my bills? I don't have much money and Star Plus has refused to pay me the Rs 28 lakh I was promised for Nach Baliye 2.
Ah, so the grouse remains.
They want an apology from me before they pay up. I am in two minds. Big money is at stake. I cannot even afford to file a case against the channel.
What about films?
I will be doing a big banner film soon. It's a dream role. It's too early to talk about it.
Your previous film, Buddha Mar Gaya, was a disaster.
The experience was good but the director's work was shoddy. There was too much vulgarity. It even shocked me.
What kind of offers are you getting now?
I get several B and C-grade films but I am not even considering those offers. I don't mind doing a small role in a big banner film for which I am even willing to work free.
Ever thought of reuniting with the rest of your family?
I don't want to go back to them. When I was with them, I was treated like a machine. They make several demands on me.. expected the world from me. But I have my own life. I am at peace today. I can breathe easy. Why would I want to reunite with them?
What about marriage?
Haven't thought about it yet. And I don't want to either. You never know what course life suddenly takes after marriage.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Cricketer-turned-actor Salil Ankola shares how he was rushed to the hospital after facing breathlessness, soon after testing positive for coronavirus.
- Rubina Dilaik shared a throwback swimsuit photo of herself and said that she really wants to go on a vacation. However, her husband Abhinav Shukla had a funny response.
- Rakhi Sawant hosted a party on Monday, which was attended by a number of her Bigg Boss 14 co-contestants, including Nikki Tamboli, Jaan Kumar Sanu, Vikas Gupta and Rahul Mahajan.
- Prince Harry has said that his and wife Meghan Markle's decision to take a step back from the royal family was exacerbated by a desire to not have history repeat itself. He did not want to be overwhelmed by media scrutiny in the way that his mother, Diana, was.
- Nikki Tamboli has both defended and made certain clarifications about accusing Jaan Kumar Sanu of kissing her on Bigg Boss 14.
Karan Patel: As an actor, the challenge is to find work in films; to break the stigma that TV actors can’t become film stars
- Disha Parmar's batting skills earned her a Virat Kohli comparison from fiancé Rahul Vaidya. The couple is on a quick vacation together and has been posting updates on social media. Watch their latest video.
- Anita Hassanandani and Rohit Reddy have created an Instagram page for their newborn son, Aaravv. Head on over to satisfy your baby picture cravings.
- Pavitra Punia lashed out at those criticising her relationship with Eijaz Khan and reiterated that they do not need the approval of haters. The couple fell in love during Bigg Boss 14.