Sanjay Mishra reveals Pankaj Kapur never shared tiffin on sets of Office Office: ‘It is a problem for me when people behave this way at work’
Actor Sanjay Mishra’s hit sitcom Office Office is back on television for its re-run amid lockdown. The actor has revealed how no one wanted to play the role of peon on the show and it was he who ended up playing the character.
On being asked about why he chose to take up the show, Sanjay told Mumbai Mirror in an interview, “There was no vision before joining the show. Motivation to perform the role, was thought of after signing it (laughs). lss mahine ka kiraya dens hai bhai (I need to pay my monthly rent to my landlord) I cannot go to the landlord and tell him that I refused the role because I didn’t like it.”
Sharing why no one was eager to play the peon on the show, he said, “The character was equally important but it was awkward to wear the khaki among others were well-dressed. However, all those silly thoughts disappeared after an hour of shooting. And, I don’t know the reason but most of the time I was only picked up for the role of peon. Maybe I played the peon well. So peon kaun banega was a big question every morning on the set.”
Sanjay also revealed how co-star Pankaj Kapur, who played the role of a common man Musaddilal, never shared his tiffin and ate alone on the sets. He said, “We used to have lunch together but he never had lunch with us. Neither did he share his tiffin nor did he expect anybody to offer him.” Calling Pankaj a “thorough professional, kaam se kaam, fir salaam,” Sanjay went on to add, “It is a problem for me when people behave this way at work. We are working together, you need to know me I need to know you and I believe it is important for a good performance.”
Sanjay Mishra was recently seen in Kaamyab in the role of a side-actor of Hindi movies who wanted to sign a film to complete his record of featuring in 500 films.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Abhinav Shukla said that Bigg Boss 14 runner-up Rahul Vaidya did not deserve to be in the top two as he walked out of the show during the mid-season finale.
- Hema Malini was left teary-eyed on watching a video message from her daughter, Esha Deol, on Indian Idol 12. The episode will be aired tonight. Watch the promo here.
- Rannvijay Singha of Roadies fame wished his wife Prianka Singha on her birthday on Sunday. They recently announced they were expecting their second child together.
- Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar were spotted watching a cricket practice session. Fans loved their easy equation with each other and showered them with love.
- Sidharth Shukla and Sonia Rathee were seen riding a bike on the sets of their upcoming show Broken But Beautiful. The duo have roped in for the lead roles.
- Rakhi Sawant is disappointed with Rubina Dilaik and Aly Goni for not visiting her ailing mother, who is in hospital fighting cancer.
- Shehnaaz Gill has said that because Sidharth Shukla is 'the complete package', girls constantly hit on him, which she thinks is a problem.
- Kamya Panjabi was married to businessman Bunty Negi for 10 years before she gave up and walked out of the marriage in 2013. In a new interview, she recalls the day she left.
- Sahil Anand, recently seen on Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2, announced that him and his wife Rajneet Monga are expecting their first child. Check out his post.
- Actor Anita Hassanandani has shared new pictures and videos of her newborn son, Aaravv. Check them out here.
- Meghan Markle has been accused of bullying Palace staff members during her stay in 2018. While the Kensington Palace said that it is investigating the claims, Meghan's friends are coming to her defense.
- Sidharth Shukla showered praise on Badshah and rumoured girlfriend Shehnaaz Gill's new music video, Fly.