Saumya Tandon loses 9kgs post childbirth, shares inspirational exercise videos for fans. See them here
Actor Saumya Tandon better known as Anita Bhabhi for her role in the TV show Bhabiji Ghar Par Hain has impressed her fans with her fitness routine post the birth of her baby. The actor was reeling under back pain after giving birth to son Miran on January 14 and has now lost 9 kgs in the last three months.
Saumya continues to share pictures and videos of her exercise regime on her Instagram account. The actor recently started practising aerial yoga and shared her picture with the caption, “Ariel yoga, my first class.”
She had also shared a video of lifting weights while balancing herself on a Swiss ball and captioned it, “Working and working hard . And still a long way ahead.”
She had shared a video of her pilates session too, and wrote along with it, “Ok here I take my baby steps towards fitness. Starting with strengthening the core and tightening my stomach muscles. I know it’s a long and arduous journey and here i begin. #postnatalfitness #pilates.”
The actor, however, feels that she is still not back in shape but is confident that she has come a long way. In an interview with Hindustan Times, the actor said, “My mid-back was hurting a lot as breast feeding 10 to 12 times a day was quite exhausting. Sitting with the baby for half an hour every time to feed him, gave me backaches and neck aches too. I am taking baby steps with my exercise regimen.”
She added, “I have been consistent with my workouts rather than doing too much right now. I would recommend exercise to every woman post delivery and not just celebrities.”
Also crediting breastfeeding for her weight loss, Saumya told HT, “I had put on 12kgs during my pregnancy and have lost over 9kgs in the last three months. People think I must be dieting, as it is not possible to lose weight so soon. But in fact, breastfeeding has helped me lose weight. It is the best way to get the extra fat out.”
Talking about her fitness routine, Saumya said, “I am not advocating the aesthetics as much as I am advocating the real benefits of exercising. You should develop and strengthen your back and core muscles because you need that while holding your baby. I started with Pilates, as it is the best form to develop core strength. I am also doing aerial yoga for stretches, my aches and pains. It is also helping me with balancing and posture. I am working on my shoulder and arm strength.”
Saumya had tied the knot with boyfriend Saurabh Devendra Singh in 2016 and welcomed her first child in January this year. She had taken a break from TV during her pregnancy and is reportedly set to return as Anita on Bhabiji Ghar Par Hain soon.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rakhi Sawant's Bigg Boss 14 colleague Vikas Gupta met her mother Jaya Sawant and cheered her up ahead of her cancer operation.
- Rahul Vaidya wore a sweatshirt similar to one worn by Rubina Dilaik on Bigg Boss 14, as he took off on a romantic holiday with girlfriend Disha Parmar.
- Pavitra Punia had a quick response for the paparazzi, when they asked her why she wasn't accompanied by boyfriend Eijaz Khan at the airport.
- Sumona Chakravarti has made the maximum use of limited space in her new Mumbai house, designed in Scandinavian style. Watch a video here.
- Charu Asopa celebrated her birthday with husband Rajeev Sen. Check out pictures and video from the bash.
- Bigg Boss runner-up Rahul Vaidya's fiancee Disha Parmar has shared a video of herself wearing one of his sweatshirts. "I wear my boyfriend's clothes," she wrote in her post.
- Himanshi Khurana performed to Salaam, originally picturised on Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, in a new video. Watch it here.
- Check out the latest video from Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik in which she is seen dancing with her husband Abhinav Shukla, to a folk song.
- Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar left Mumbai for a quick getaway. While they did not disclose their destination, he shared a picture from their helicopter ride together.
- Rakhi Sawant's ailing mother has said that she is disappointed that Rakhi didn't win Bigg Boss 14, but would like to see her and her husband, Ritesh, participate in the next season of the show.
- Aly Goni took a video of Jasmin Bhasin doing her make-up for his birthday party on Thursday night. She responded by dropping heart-eyes emojis in the comments section.