Whose show is it anyway?
Apparently, a reality show underway will bring together five-ten celebrity couples with their children. Tentatively titled Jodi No 1, the show is being produced by Vipul D Shah of Optimystix, also the producer of Comedy Circus — Teen Ka Tadka.
It’s expected to be a fun game show for married couples and takes off from where Pati Patni Aur Wo, a recently concluded show on NDTV Imagine, left. The location for Jodi No 1 is still being finalised. Insiders say that the shooting commences from January 20 and continues through February into the first week of March.
The show is expected to go on air from the second or the third week of March. Several couples, quite a few out of sight and out of mind, with children, have been approached. Manish and Poonam Goyal who have a son, Tanaaz and Bakhtiyaar who also have a son and Manini and Mihir Mishra who have a daughter are among the few reel-turned-real couples who have been approached to do the show.
None of the couples agreed to comment on the show, the channel it’s meant for and its current status. Reason: a complete secrecy clause in their contracts. The format of the show allows various contests for the wives, for the husbands, the children individually and as teams.
The couples will have to stay together for approximately 20-30 days with their kids on the location and experience how difficult children can be at times. It’s expected to be a comedy show. When asked Shailaja Kejriwal, the programming head of NDTV Imagine, she refused to accept that a show like this was underway on her channel.
“This is news to me. I didn’t know we were working on a show like this. There is no grain of truth in this. We have to slot the two new fiction shows, Do Hanson Ka Joda and Devi first. Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jayega is also waiting to be slotted somewhere. Once we’re through with that, we can think of more shows, but this one is not for our channel,” she adds.
Another source claims that the show is actually meant for Sony Entertainment and not NDTV Imagine and will Comedy Circus— Teen Ka Tadka in the Saturday, 10 pm slot, from March.
Producer Vipul D Shah didn’t comment on the show and the channel it’s meant for. The spokespersons from Sony refused to comment either. Wonder whose show is this anyway?
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Eijaz Khan said that he and Pavitra Punia are serious about each other. He added that their families are also involved in their relationship.
- Kiku Sharda has dismissed reports that Krushna Abhishek is upset with him over a joke he made on a recent episode of The Kapil Sharma Show.
- Bigg Boss contestant Rakhi Sawant is really married to a man named Ritesh, her brother Rakesh has said. Ritesh's identity remains a mystery.
- Nikki Tamboli got into a heated fight with Devoleena Bhattacharjee on Bigg Boss 14. Watch the video here.
- Eijaz Khan, one of the top contenders to win Bigg Boss 14, walked out of the show earlier this week due to prior professional commitments. He hinted at his return in a video message.