NATO urges global response to ‘reckless’ North Korea missile launch
The launch of a ballistic missile over Japan came after the United Nations Security Council imposed an eighth set of measures on the isolated country.world Updated: Sep 15, 2017 19:21 IST
NATO secretary general Jens Stoltenberg on Friday called for a “global response” to North Korea’s latest missile launch, calling it “a reckless breach of UN resolutions.”
“North Korea’s missile launch is another reckless breach of UN resolutions -- a major threat to international peace and security which demands a global response,” he said in a tweet.
The launch earlier on Friday of a ballistic missile over Japan came after the United Nations Security Council imposed an eighth set of measures on the isolated country following its sixth nuclear test earlier this month.
The missile flew over Japan’s northern Hokkaido far out into the Pacific Ocean on Friday, South Korean and Japanese officials said, deepening tensions after Pyongyang’s recent test of its most powerful nuclear bomb.
First Published: Sep 15, 2017 13:15 IST