One killed, two injured in blast in Pakistan
One person was killed and two others were seriously injured when a bomb exploded in Pakistan's restive Khyber tribal agency bordering Afghanistan on Wednesday.
The bomb went off in a scrap godown at Shah Qas Jamrud in Khyber Agency, said tehsildar Khalid Khan Kundi.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- India’s Biological E has tied up with J&J to potentially contract manufacture up to 600 million doses of its vaccine per year.
- The violence took place as the US announced new sanctions targeting military conglomerates after the deaths of dozens of civilian protesters.
- The changes are part of a draft decision submitted on the opening day of the week-long meeting of the National People’s Congress (NPC), China’s ceremonial legislature, which will all but certainly endorse it.
- A brief report published by news agency Xinhua says the central government will support the Tibet Autonomous Region (TAR) to build the passageway.
- Public Health England (PHE) said cases of the variant known as B.1.1.318 were first identified on February 15 and it was understood to have originated in the UK.
- The controversy over the investigation organised by the World Health Organization and China about the origins of Covid-19 heated up as a group of scientists called for an independent probe to consider all hypotheses and nail down whether the virus came from an animal.
- Biden took office promising an immigration policy more humane than that of Donald Trump, but some migrant advocacy groups say the new Democratic president's decisions are luring undocumented travelers in what amounts to a beacon effect.