Actress Kangana Ranaut’s lawyer on Saturday said that the investigation into the fallout of her public spat with Hrithik Roshan had been closed.
He was responding to statement of Hrithik’s lawyers on Thursday that the probe was still on.
Kangana’s lawyer Rizwan Siddiquee said, “The joint commissioner of police has clearly mentioned that his department could not find anything on the mail ID as the server is located in US and that it’s very difficult to ascertain who was using the account.”
“Given the situation it is now obvious that Mr Hrithik Roshan and his team are once again desperately trying to salvage the situation. Out of frustration they are now making absolutely baseless and ridiculous claims that we are spreading false information to the media, with regards to the findings of the police,” Siddiquee continued.
Hrithik’s lawyers had claimed that there was “unimpeachable evidence to suggest that there was no relationship of any kind between Mr Roshan and Ms Ranaut and that Ms Ranaut persistently hounded Mr. Roshan on e-mails with the intention to entice him into a relationship.”
‘Media reports’, the statement continued, “which suggest that the investigation into the Hrithik-Kangana emails row is closed are totally false.”
Kangana’s lawyer Siddiquee further alleged that Hrithik had lied to the Police even at the first instance.
“Kangana firmly believes that there is no imposter and that her email id was hacked by Mr Hrithik Roshan multiple times,” he added.
A public spat broke out between the two former co-stars when Kangana in an interview hinted at Hrithik being her “ex”, to which latter responded by tweeting that “there are more chances of me having had an affair with the Pope” than with Kangana. Soon both exchanged legal notices.
The two were first linked in 2013 when they came together in Krrish 3 but the rumour gained momentum after the actor officially separated from his wife Sussanne in December 2013.
Follow @htshowbiz for more