#SummerDressing: Monotony is out, fun is in!
Guys, from adventurous jumpsuits to pop-coloured trousers, here is how to boredom-proof your summer.fashion and trends Updated: Apr 21, 2016 09:00 IST
Hot, dreary summer days are no excuse to dress dull and sloppy, guys. In fact, summer is the perfect time for a style refresh — you need some cheery colours, fun prints and adventurous outfits to keep monotony out of your life. But the rebirth of your wardrobe only makes sense if your look comes out to be cool and imaginative without interfering with comfort. Here’s how to get through the summer season looking classy with ease.
1) Jump ahead of the style curve: Comfy yet funky, jumpsuits are very much in this season. Opt for light colours such as beige, white and make sure that your jumpsuit is neither too loose nor too tight on your body. Pair it with white or silver sneakers.
2) White is right: White is the staple colour of summer. It’s elegant but plain white can get boring. So, to add a dose of fun to your look, opt for a printed white summer jacket paired with slim-fit white pants and a bright tee inside. Finish the look with shiny silver sneakers.
3) Pop never flops: A wardrobe full of pop colours is anything but boring. Bright red pants paired with a plain white tee and a chambray shirt along with green loafers is just the perfect amount of zest for you. The key to acing this look is making sure that you get your colour combination right.
4) Safari style: Made popular by the Indiana Jones movie series and the Indian royals from the 18th century, safari shirts add that touch of regal sophistication to your look. Pair it either with khaki pants or with fawn cargo pants. Accessorise your look with a brown leather belt and finish the look with brown boots.
5) Widen your style: Wide-legged pants won’t fail to make a fashion statement. The key to acing this look is sticking to neutral colours such as grey, black or navy blue. Pair your wide-legged pants with a Henley T-shirt and a summer jacket. But it’s the white sneakers which really complete the look. Remember to wear your pants waist high otherwise they’ll end up looking baggy.
6) Go green: The bubbly green is the colour to go for. Go all-out green by going for a green pantsuit paired with a crisp white shirt or a mauve coloured Henley. To add more swag to your look, finish your look with a pair of sneakers.
7) Ethnic elegance: Go desi with a bang this season. You could pair a floral kurta with a Nehru jacket in a pastel shade, and a stitched dhoti in a bright hue. Dhoti’s free flowing fit is the perfect combination of style and comfort. Stick to fun, cheery colours and top the look with a pair of jutis and a pocket square.
Follow @htshowbiz for more