Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal said on Friday that the BJP and Congress have betrayed the armed forces.
Speaking on the issue of one rank one pension (OROP), Kejriwal said the BJP has been exposed after the suicide of ex-serviceman Ram Kishan Grewal.
Hitting out at the Centre, the chief minister said that the BJP government is not letting the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) work in Delhi.
On the issue of rising pollution levels, Kejriwal said air pollution in Delhi has spiked because of of stubble burning in neighbouring states, dust and vehicular pollution.
Below are the highlights from the interview:
- BJP has been exposed after the suicide of ex-serviceman Ram Kishan Grewal.
- BJP is insulting the armed forces
- Congress has cheated armed forces on every stage
- Rather than praising the army a day after surgical strikes, BJP reduced their disability pension.
- There is a sense of fear in the country
-Yesterday Najeeb disappeared, day before Rohith Vemula died. Our students studying in colleges aren’t safe. We have to raise our voice for Najeeb. He wasn’t Muslim, he was an Indian student. We should petition the government and president for Najeeb.
- In our country, people commit suicide for personal reasons. But Grewal committed suicide to highlight the issue of OROP
- It is sad that media and BJP is ridiculing Grewal’s sacrifice and asking questions. Nation has to honour this man.
- BJP is neither a party for Hindus nor Muslims. It is the party for Ambani and Adani. BJP is hungry for power.
- At international level, it’s our responsibility to give a befitting reply to Pakistan.
- “Mark my words- AAP will get more than 100 seats in Punjab,” says Kejriwal
-I respect Navjot Singh Sidhu, it’s for him to decide where to go
- There is an environment of fear in the country, people are forced to praise Modi
- If the country’s security increases by banning Karan Johar’s movie, then ban it. If PM can attend Pak PM Nawaz Sharif’s birthday, why can’t Karan Johar cast Pakistani actors in his movies?
- People of Punjab want to take revenge from Akalis; they have hope only from AAP
- BJP is not letting us work in Delhi, says Kejriwal
- Both BJP and Congress have taken donations from abroad, their 80% transactions are benami
-Amit Shah most hated creature in India, he will be punished by people
- Everything that the BJP govt has done is fake- from fake encounters to implementation of OROP
- I agree that the pollution levels in Delhi are really high and there are 3 reasons for it- the most important one is the burning of stubble by neighbouring states. We need to provide technological solutions to farmers
- The other reasons are dust and vehicular pollution
-I appeal the Centre to provide funds for farmers so that they can invest in technology that prevents them from burning stubble
- We bought 300 machines and started fogging drive to make Delhi mosquito-free; MCD did not do anything
- The entire country can see that the BJP govt is not letting us work
- We want to change the politics in this country; we are not here for power and status
- I want to tell PM Modi to let us work in Delhi and ask the L-G not to interfere