Travel, food, and farewell gigs at BlueFrog: Your Mumbai weekend in 10 events
Want to make the most of your weekend? Here’s howHT48HRS_Special Updated: Aug 26, 2016 13:06 IST
FRIDAY, AUGUST 26
1) Workshop: Baking lessons: Master the art of making caramelised banana loaf with ginger and chocolate, speculoos cookies (Belgian cookies) with sour cherry jam, and other desserts with chef and author Shaheen Peerbhai.
Where: Eighth Baking Studio, Bandra (W); Call: 98202 67003 ; Price: Rs 4,800 per person; When: 11am onward
2) Music: Anant Gatha: In a traditional long-form Hindustani Classical baithak, sitar maestro Ustad Shujaat Khan will present his signature tunes.
Where: Nehru Centre, Dr Annie Besant Road, Worli; Call: 2492 0482; Tickets: Rs 300 onward; When: 7.30pm
3) Film screening: Where to Invade Next: A dark comedy by Michael Moore, the film sees Moore prepare a tutorial for the US government to improve their social and economic status by taking inspiration from various European countries. Entry is free.
Where: Prithvi House, opp Prithvi Theatre, Janki Kutir, Juhu; Contact: 2614 9546; Entry: Free; When: 7pm
4) Comedy: My Baby Thinks I’m Funny: Comedian Sorabh Pant will perform his latest sketch on how he amuses his kid.
Where: The Fine Arts Society, RC Marg, Chembur; Call: 2522 1504; Price: Rs 400 onward; When: 8pm
SATURDAY, AUGUST 27
5) Food: Tagine Food Festival: Dig into exotic African cuisine at Souk. The menu features lobster harira tagine, prawn tagine and artichoke tagine.
Where: Souk, The Taj Mahal Palace, Colaba; Call: 6665 3296 ; When: 12.30pm onward
6) Food: Marathi Mejwani: There is more to Maharashtrian cuisine that Malvani preparations. Try bharli vaangi, birdya usal and tomato saar.
Where: Asian Kitchen, Four Points by Sheraton, Sector 30A, Vashi, Navi Mumbai; Call: 2781 7777 ; Price: Rs 500 onward ; When: 7.30pm to 11.30pm
7) Frogfest: As part of their farewell festival, an eclectic mix of artists including Midival Punditz (fusion), Papon (indie and Bollywood) and Tejas Menon (acoustic), will perform at the venue.
Where: Blue Frog, Mathuradas Mills Compund, Lower Parel ; Call: 6158 6158; Ticket: Rs 600 (three-day entry); When: 7.30pm
SUNDAY, AUGUST 28
8) Festival: Books by Weight: Buy books by the kilo and choose from a range of books across genres. On till August 31.
Where: Fabiani Art Gallery, Vile Parle (W); Call: 2671 5039 ; Price: Rs 100 per kilo; When: 11am onward
9)Travel: Wine tasting and camping: Visit Nasik — Maharashtra’s wine district. Taste a wide range of home-grown wines, and experience the thrill of camping in the Western Ghats.
Where: Soma Vineyards, Nasik ; Call: 70280 66016 ; Price: Rs 4,000; When: 7am onward
10) Art: Speculations from the Field: Artist Rohini Devasher explores art, science and fiction through astronomy in her latest work. The exhibits showcase a collection of natural history objects and artefacts.
Where: Dr Bhau Daji Lad Museum, Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Road, Byculla ; Call: 2373 1234 ; Entry: Rs 10; When: 10am to 5.30pm